Servoy 6.1.1

Servoy announcements

Re: Servoy 6.1.1

Postby david » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:55 pm

I don't know the use case for using the serializer plugin anymore now that the Rhino engine has been updated. Maybe for handling java objects? Dunno the answer. But it is well known that it is a bit buggy and doesn't parse elegantly by default browser JSON implementations.

So for straight up JSON, we now use:

Screen shot 2012-08-28 at 1.48.15 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
David Workman, Kabootit

Image
Everything you need to build great apps with Servoy
User avatar
david
 
Posts: 1726
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2003 4:18 pm
Location: Washington, D.C.

Re: Servoy 6.1.1

Postby jcompagner » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:28 pm

the serializer is also used for other things like rest and column serializer..

But we have currently a issue that should make the serializer plugin way better with just plain javascript objects.. So if you have pure js objects JSON or the plugin should give the same results.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
User avatar
jcompagner
 
Posts: 8117
Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 7:26 pm
Location: The Internet

Re: Servoy 6.1.1

Postby david » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:10 pm

Just finished speed testing. Servoy 6.1 and 6.1.1 on the same server with various people hitting it from around the world.

Servoy is definitely rocking the house now in this department with 6.1.1. Good stuff.
David Workman, Kabootit

Image
Everything you need to build great apps with Servoy
User avatar
david
 
Posts: 1726
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2003 4:18 pm
Location: Washington, D.C.

Re: Servoy 6.1.1

Postby ptalbot » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:46 pm

You can also use plugins.VelocityReport.toJSON() and plugins.VelocityReport.fromJSON() ;)
Patrick Talbot
Freelance - Open Source - Servoy Valued Professional
http://www.servoy-stuff.net
https://www.servoyforge.net
--------------------------------------------
Servoy 5.2.16 / 6.0.9 / 6.1.6 / 7.3.1
All OSes / Java 5 & 6 & 7
User avatar
ptalbot
 
Posts: 1612
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:13 am
Location: Montreal, QC

Re: Servoy 6.1.1

Postby jcarlos » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:53 pm

ptalbot wrote:You can also use plugins.VelocityReport.toJSON() and plugins.VelocityReport.fromJSON() ;)


Sorry, but what does this exactly mean? Can you educate me on the topic? :roll:
Juan-Carlos Sanchez, Stanford University - Law and Economics
jcarlos
 
Posts: 569
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 8:55 pm
Location: Palo Alto, California USA

Re: Servoy 6.1.1

Postby ROCLASI » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:53 pm

One thing I know for sure is that the Velocity plugin keeps my JavaScript objects intact and without the 'noise' the serializer plugin does.
Just saying.
Robert Ivens
ROCLASI Software Solutions / JBS Group, Partner
SAN Developer / Servoy Valued Professional / Servoy Certified Developer
Twitter: @roclasi / @servoyforge
--
ServoyForge - Building Open Source Software.
PostgreSQL - The world's most advanced open source database.
User avatar
ROCLASI
Servoy Expert
 
Posts: 5289
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2003 9:49 am
Location: Netherlands/Belgium

Re: Servoy 6.1.1

Postby ptalbot » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:15 am

jcarlos wrote:Sorry, but what does this exactly mean? Can you educate me on the topic? :roll:

Just that the VelocityReport have it's own JSON serializer/deserializer. Especially useful with the Velocity web client to build killer web services.
And as Robert said, it produces pure JSON output.
Patrick Talbot
Freelance - Open Source - Servoy Valued Professional
http://www.servoy-stuff.net
https://www.servoyforge.net
--------------------------------------------
Servoy 5.2.16 / 6.0.9 / 6.1.6 / 7.3.1
All OSes / Java 5 & 6 & 7
User avatar
ptalbot
 
Posts: 1612
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:13 am
Location: Montreal, QC

Re: Servoy 6.1.1

Postby david » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:57 am

ptalbot wrote:
jcarlos wrote:Sorry, but what does this exactly mean? Can you educate me on the topic? :roll:

Just that the VelocityReport have it's own JSON serializer/deserializer. Especially useful with the Velocity web client to build killer web services.
And as Robert said, it produces pure JSON output.


What engine is it? I was assuming same one Rhino is using.
David Workman, Kabootit

Image
Everything you need to build great apps with Servoy
User avatar
david
 
Posts: 1726
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2003 4:18 pm
Location: Washington, D.C.

Re: Servoy 6.1.1

Postby david » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:00 am

jcompagner wrote:the serializer is also used for other things like ... column serializer


And it would be great if it could be used. We pulled this out of a solution once and coded with methods instead to catch any weird errors before they were saved down. Have avoided it since.
David Workman, Kabootit

Image
Everything you need to build great apps with Servoy
User avatar
david
 
Posts: 1726
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2003 4:18 pm
Location: Washington, D.C.

Re: Servoy 6.1.1

Postby ptalbot » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:58 am

david wrote:What engine is it? I was assuming same one Rhino is using.

Nope, I use the one from JSON.org (right from the source): http://www.json.org/
(Which is why it's also compatible with Servoy 5.x)
Patrick Talbot
Freelance - Open Source - Servoy Valued Professional
http://www.servoy-stuff.net
https://www.servoyforge.net
--------------------------------------------
Servoy 5.2.16 / 6.0.9 / 6.1.6 / 7.3.1
All OSes / Java 5 & 6 & 7
User avatar
ptalbot
 
Posts: 1612
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:13 am
Location: Montreal, QC

Re: Servoy 6.1.1

Postby david » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:25 am

ptalbot wrote:
david wrote:What engine is it? I was assuming same one Rhino is using.

Nope, I use the one from JSON.org (right from the source): http://www.json.org/
(Which is why it's also compatible with Servoy 5.x)


Errr..."the one from JSON.org"...don't understand. Did you write your own encoder/decoder or use one of the [many] implementations listed?
David Workman, Kabootit

Image
Everything you need to build great apps with Servoy
User avatar
david
 
Posts: 1726
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2003 4:18 pm
Location: Washington, D.C.

Re: Servoy 6.1.1

Postby ptalbot » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:30 am

The source implementation here: http://www.json.org/java/index.html
Patrick Talbot
Freelance - Open Source - Servoy Valued Professional
http://www.servoy-stuff.net
https://www.servoyforge.net
--------------------------------------------
Servoy 5.2.16 / 6.0.9 / 6.1.6 / 7.3.1
All OSes / Java 5 & 6 & 7
User avatar
ptalbot
 
Posts: 1612
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:13 am
Location: Montreal, QC

Re: Servoy 6.1.1

Postby wouter » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:38 am

Hi,

There is new (and undesired) behaviour introduced in 6.1.1.

To avoid pagination on small lists we use forms that are longer than the tab-panel they are placed on (e.g. form=300px, tab-panel=80px). This will show a longer list of record before pagination is introduced. Since scrollable tables are not working properly (as reported above), we are now stuck without a solution or work-around. In the screen-shot you see an example of such a list. It will show pagination after the first row. In such a list there are typically no more that 3-4 rows.

Can this be re-introduced the way it was before 6.1.1 o we can have control of the way we want to display our lists?

small_list.jpg


Wouter.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
wouter
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:17 pm

Re: Servoy 6.1.1

Postby Gabi Boros » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:57 am

can you create a case (if possible with a sample) for this issue ?
wouter wrote:Hi,

There is new (and undesired) behaviour introduced in 6.1.1.

To avoid pagination on small lists we use forms that are longer than the tab-panel they are placed on (e.g. form=300px, tab-panel=80px). This will show a longer list of record before pagination is introduced. Since scrollable tables are not working properly (as reported above), we are now stuck without a solution or work-around. In the screen-shot you see an example of such a list. It will show pagination after the first row. In such a list there are typically no more that 3-4 rows.

Can this be re-introduced the way it was before 6.1.1 o we can have control of the way we want to display our lists?

small_list.jpg


Wouter.
Gabi Boros
Servoy
Gabi Boros
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:03 pm
Location: Timisoara, Romania

Re: Servoy 6.1.1

Postby wouter » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:16 pm

Support issue opened for this. https://support.servoy.com/browse/SVY-2943
User avatar
wouter
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:17 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest