NG client displayType CHECK .css, font change

Questions and answers on designing your Servoy solutions, database modelling and other 'how do I do this' that don't fit in any of the other categories

NG client displayType CHECK .css, font change

Postby imre_tokai » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:09 pm

Hello,

How to properly build and assign style to (multiple) CHECK component?

https://wiki.servoy.com/display/public/ ... e+NGClient
have tried to change .svy-check & .svy-checkgroup application-wide and also to explicitly assign styleClass to CHECK component, but NG client is not aware of new settings from .css?
General .css is assigned as styleSheet on solution/form level and than styleClass works for components other than CHECK.

How to properly customize appearance of (multiple) CHECK component on the form for NG client?

Regards
Imre Tokai, Software Engineer
iTech Professionals, Inc.
User avatar
imre_tokai
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:18 pm

Re: NG client displayType CHECK .css, font change

Postby lvostinar » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:25 am

imre_tokai wrote:Hello,

How to properly build and assign style to (multiple) CHECK component?

https://wiki.servoy.com/display/public/ ... e+NGClient
have tried to change .svy-check & .svy-checkgroup application-wide and also to explicitly assign styleClass to CHECK component, but NG client is not aware of new settings from .css?
General .css is assigned as styleSheet on solution/form level and than styleClass works for components other than CHECK.

How to properly customize appearance of (multiple) CHECK component on the form for NG client?

Regards


The svy-checkgroup should work. What css you want to apply? Are you sure is valid (also with the dom structure we have there) ?
Laurian Vostinar
Servoy
lvostinar
 
Posts: 1048
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:53 am

Re: NG client displayType CHECK .css, font change

Postby imre_tokai » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:14 pm

Thanks Laurian,

Looks like .svy-checkgroup works indeed,
needed here to delete leftover .css blocks, as upgrading the project built in earlier Servoy version (like tabpanel, label, field...)

Just a note about 2 other suspicious CHECK behaviors:

1) when filling CHECK's valuelist run-time from DB, pseudocode
Code: Select all
var theDataset = databaseManager.getDataSetByQuery( 'sample_db_server', 'SELECT id, name FROM sample_table', null, -1)
var theDisplayValues = theDataset.getColumnAsArray(2);
var theReturnValues = theDataset.getColumnAsArray(1);      
application.setValueListItems( "vl_for_CHECK", theDisplayValues, theReturnValues );   

clicking on certain checkbox brings radio-like selection toggle, instead of expected multiple check? Work-around is to implement the onDataChange event

2) when filling valulist via basic Custom Values, unable to uncheck lastly selected checkbox

Thanks
Imre Tokai, Software Engineer
iTech Professionals, Inc.
User avatar
imre_tokai
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:18 pm

Re: NG client displayType CHECK .css, font change

Postby lvostinar » Tue May 03, 2016 8:06 am

imre_tokai wrote:Thanks Laurian,

Looks like .svy-checkgroup works indeed,
needed here to delete leftover .css blocks, as upgrading the project built in earlier Servoy version (like tabpanel, label, field...)

Just a note about 2 other suspicious CHECK behaviors:

1) when filling CHECK's valuelist run-time from DB, pseudocode
Code: Select all
var theDataset = databaseManager.getDataSetByQuery( 'sample_db_server', 'SELECT id, name FROM sample_table', null, -1)
var theDisplayValues = theDataset.getColumnAsArray(2);
var theReturnValues = theDataset.getColumnAsArray(1);      
application.setValueListItems( "vl_for_CHECK", theDisplayValues, theReturnValues );   

clicking on certain checkbox brings radio-like selection toggle, instead of expected multiple check? Work-around is to implement the onDataChange event

2) when filling valulist via basic Custom Values, unable to uncheck lastly selected checkbox

Thanks


And how does point 1 and 2 work in Web Client / Smart Client? If different than NGClient you should file a case in our system. I think point 2 is because allowNull is false for the dataprovider column, so you cannot set value to null.
Laurian Vostinar
Servoy
lvostinar
 
Posts: 1048
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:53 am

Re: NG client displayType CHECK .css, font change

Postby imre_tokai » Wed May 04, 2016 5:47 pm

Thanks Laurian,

sorted out 2 NG client behaviors, different than in earlier Servoy versions, and submitted
https://support.servoy.com/browse/SVY-9803

Regards
Imre Tokai, Software Engineer
iTech Professionals, Inc.
User avatar
imre_tokai
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:18 pm

Re: NG client displayType CHECK .css, font change

Postby lvostinar » Fri May 06, 2016 7:33 am

imre_tokai wrote:Thanks Laurian,

sorted out 2 NG client behaviors, different than in earlier Servoy versions, and submitted
https://support.servoy.com/browse/SVY-9803

Regards


Ok, thanks, we will look into it.
Laurian Vostinar
Servoy
lvostinar
 
Posts: 1048
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:53 am


Return to Programming with Servoy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests