Servoy Server 4.1.4 build 681
Windows 2003
Java 1.6.0_17-b04
Some time ago clients logging onto this server exhibited the ‘Unable to load resource: (http://192.168.20.13:8080/beans/swingbeans.jar…’ and so I followed advice and removed the swingbeans.jar from the server and restarted
Since then I have been happily opening a client on my macbook pro
It has been 3 or 4 weeks since I last did this and today it gives me that above error - but the jar is not in there to download
Any thoughts on why it should suddenly do this again
Cheers
Harry
maybe there is a cached jnlp file in the cache that still references it.
Wasn’t there any change on the server? Not 1 update jar/plugin?
Try to upgrade to the latest release, because there we have a bit better fix that makes sure the the cache on the client can’t be out of sync ever again.
(because all the timestamps from all the jars and jnlp’s are bubbled up to the top jnlp so everything has a unique version that will change if there is a jar deep down changed)
Hi Johan
I think that I had cleared out all possible java cache data.
It may be that I had updated Java version on my MacBook Pro and that the newer Java version had caused the issue
I updated the server to 4.1.7 and I then managed to launch a client again on my machine, so it seems that the problem has gone away again now
Thanks for the reply any way
Cheers
Harry
Hi there,
I am using Servoy version 3.5.6 and with the Java update 1.6.0_23-b05 (client: Windows Vista. Server: Windows 2003). I think java has been upgraded automatically recently. When I launched the client from servoy launcher page I got the following issue:
com.sun.deploy.net.FailedDownloadException: Unable to load resource: (http://server:8080/beans/it2be-browserbean.jar?version-id=1174878714062, 1174878714062)
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.actionDownload(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getCacheEntry(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getCacheEntry(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getResourceCacheEntry(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getResourceCacheEntry(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getResource(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload$DownloadTask.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
I have copied jnlp as well:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<jnlp spec="1.0+" codebase="http://server:8080" href="/servoy-client/servoy_client.jnlp">
<information>
<title>Servoy Client</title>
<vendor>Servoy</vendor>
<homepage href="http://www.servoy.com/"/>
<description>Database client</description>
<icon kind="shortcut" href="/lib/images/servoy_client_icon.gif" width="32" height="32"/>
<icon kind="splash" href="/lib/splashclient.gif" width="64" height="64"/>
<shortcut online="true">
<desktop/>
</shortcut>
</information>
<resources>
<j2se version="1.4+" max-heap-size="256m" />
<j2se version="1.5+" max-heap-size="256m" />
<j2se version="1.6+" max-heap-size="256m" />
<property name="apple.laf.useScreenMenuBar" value="true"/>
<jar href="/lib/j2db.jar" main="true" version="1296548321187" download="eager"/>
<jar href="/lib/js.jar" part="script" version="1296548321469" download="eager"/>
<package name="org.mozilla.*" part="script" recursive="true"/>
<jar href="/lib/BrowserLauncher2.jar" part="BrowserLauncher2" version="1296548321078" download="eager"/>
<package name="edu.stanford.ejalbert.*" part="BrowserLauncher2" recursive="true"/>
<jar href="/lib/commons-logging.jar" part="logging" version="1296548321141" download="eager"/>
<package name="org.apache.commons.logging.*" part="logging" recursive="true"/>
<jar href="/lib/MRJAdapter.jar" part="mac_menu" version="1296548321469" download="eager"/>
<package name="net.roydesign.*" part="mac_menu" recursive="true"/>
<extension name="LAFS_and_BEANS" href="/servoy-client/unsigned.jnlp" version="1296548321078"/>
<extension name="scheduler.jar" href="/servoy-client/plugins/scheduler.jar.jnlp" version="1296548321703"/>
<extension name="it2be-splash.jar" href="/servoy-client/plugins/it2be-splash.jar.jnlp" version="1192006600468"/>
<extension name="mail.jar" href="/servoy-client/plugins/mail.jar.jnlp" version="1296548321672"/>
<extension name="uss_http.jar" href="/servoy-client/plugins/uss_http.jar.jnlp" version="1207894221610"/>
<extension name="udp.jar" href="/servoy-client/plugins/udp.jar.jnlp" version="1296548321719"/>
<extension name="serialize.jar" href="/servoy-client/plugins/serialize.jar.jnlp" version="1296548321703"/>
<extension name="default_validators.jar" href="/servoy-client/plugins/default_validators.jar.jnlp" version="1296548321578"/>
<extension name="tabxport.jar" href="/servoy-client/plugins/tabxport.jar.jnlp" version="1296548321719"/>
<extension name="it2be-ftp.jar" href="/servoy-client/plugins/it2be-ftp.jar.jnlp" version="1192005059968"/>
<extension name="agent.jar" href="/servoy-client/plugins/agent.jar.jnlp" version="1296548321562"/>
<extension name="pdf_output.jar" href="/servoy-client/plugins/pdf_output.jar.jnlp" version="1296548321687"/>
<extension name="it2be-menubar.jar" href="/servoy-client/plugins/it2be-menubar.jar.jnlp" version="1192006588593"/>
<extension name="dialog.jar" href="/servoy-client/plugins/dialog.jar.jnlp" version="1296548321578"/>
<extension name="excelxport.jar" href="/servoy-client/plugins/excelxport.jar.jnlp" version="1296548321578"/>
<extension name="popupmenu.jar" href="/servoy-client/plugins/popupmenu.jar.jnlp" version="1296548321687"/>
<extension name="images.jar" href="/servoy-client/plugins/images.jar.jnlp" version="1296548321672"/>
<extension name="file.jar" href="/servoy-client/plugins/file.jar.jnlp" version="1296548321625"/>
<extension name="jasperPluginRMI.jar" href="/servoy-client/plugins/jasperPluginRMI.jar.jnlp" version="1216125258238"/>
<extension name="rawSQL.jar" href="/servoy-client/plugins/rawSQL.jar.jnlp" version="1296548321703"/>
<extension name="kioskmode.jar" href="/servoy-client/plugins/kioskmode.jar.jnlp" version="1296548321672"/>
<extension name="xmlreader.jar" href="/servoy-client/plugins/xmlreader.jar.jnlp" version="1296548321719"/>
<extension name="converters.jar" href="/servoy-client/plugins/converters.jar.jnlp" version="1296548321578"/>
<extension name="http.jar" href="/servoy-client/plugins/http.jar.jnlp" version="1296548321641"/>
<extension name="amortization.jar" href="/servoy-client/plugins/amortization.jar.jnlp" version="1296548321562"/>
<extension name="it2be-tools.jar" href="/servoy-client/plugins/it2be-tools.jar.jnlp" version="1192006610015"/>
<extension name="spellcheck.jar" href="/servoy-client/plugins/spellcheck.jar.jnlp" version="1296548321703"/>
</resources>
<application-desc main-class="com.servoy.j2db.J2DBClient">
</application-desc>
<security>
<all-permissions/>
</security>
</jnlp>
Please help.
Thanks a lot,
Hameed
the only thing you can quickly do besides updating to a later release of servoy is delete the “empty” jars in your beans directory (like swingbeans.jar and i guess it2be-browserbean.jar) on your application server.
Thanks Johan,
That helped. Deleted empty beans.
Cheers.
Dear Johan,
I having another issue which I believe related to the java update. Same version of Servoy.
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" sun.misc.ServiceConfigurationError: javax.imageio.spi.ImageReaderSpi: Provider com.sun.media.imageioimpl.plugins.jpeg.CLibJPEGImageReaderSpi could not be instantiated: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: vendorName == null!
at sun.misc.Service.fail(Service.java:120)
at sun.misc.Service.access$200(Service.java:111)
at sun.misc.Service$LazyIterator.next(Service.java:276)
at javax.imageio.spi.IIORegistry.registerApplicationClasspathSpis(IIORegistry.java:190)
at javax.imageio.ImageIO.scanForPlugins(ImageIO.java:93)
at com.servoy.extensions.plugins.images.ImageProvider.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.servoy.extensions.plugins.images.ImagePlugin.getScriptObject(Unknown Source)
at com.servoy.j2db.scripting.i.get(Unknown Source)
at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.getProp(ScriptRuntime.java:726)
at org.mozilla.javascript.gen.c504.call(mod_functions_media_new:39)
at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.call(ScriptRuntime.java:1254)
at org.mozilla.javascript.Interpreter.interpret(Interpreter.java:2031)
at org.mozilla.javascript.InterpretedScript.call(InterpretedScript.java:68)
at org.mozilla.javascript.NativeGlobal.evalSpecial(NativeGlobal.java:521)
at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.callOrNewSpecial(ScriptRuntime.java:1270)
at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.callSpecial(ScriptRuntime.java:1310)
at org.mozilla.javascript.gen.c227.call(mod_functions_media:22)
at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.call(ScriptRuntime.java:1254)
at org.mozilla.javascript.gen.c305.call(mod_functions_local_functions_media:27)
at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.call(ScriptRuntime.java:1254)
at org.mozilla.javascript.Interpreter.interpret(Interpreter.java:2031)
at org.mozilla.javascript.InterpretedScript.call(InterpretedScript.java:68)
at org.mozilla.javascript.NativeGlobal.evalSpecial(NativeGlobal.java:521)
at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.callOrNewSpecial(ScriptRuntime.java:1270)
at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.callSpecial(ScriptRuntime.java:1310)
at org.mozilla.javascript.gen.c60.call(local_functions_media:3)
at com.servoy.j2db.scripting.f.executeFunction(Unknown Source)
at com.servoy.j2db.FormController.a(Unknown Source)
at com.servoy.j2db.FormController.executeFunction(Unknown Source)
at com.servoy.j2db.FormController.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at com.servoy.j2db.FormController$a.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2028)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2351)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:387)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:242)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:236)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6352)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3267)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6117)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2085)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4714)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2143)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4544)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4621)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4282)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4212)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2129)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2478)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4544)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:635)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:296)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:211)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:196)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:188)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: vendorName == null!
at javax.imageio.spi.IIOServiceProvider.<init>(IIOServiceProvider.java:59)
at javax.imageio.spi.ImageReaderWriterSpi.<init>(ImageReaderWriterSpi.java:214)
at javax.imageio.spi.ImageReaderSpi.<init>(ImageReaderSpi.java:192)
at com.sun.media.imageioimpl.plugins.jpeg.CLibJPEGImageReaderSpi.<init>(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:355)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:308)
at sun.misc.Service$LazyIterator.next(Service.java:271)
... 53 more
I think it’s something to do with images plugin.
var jsImageObj = plugins.images.getImage(jsFileObj);
Please help me guide through to fix this issue.
Thanks a lot,
Hameed
Thanks a lot. Worked very well.
Regards,
Hameed