NOW AVAILABLE: Public Pre-Release of Servoy 4.0

Release notes for Servoy betas

Trouble Downloading Servoy Version 4.0

Postby kwpsd » Wed May 21, 2008 11:25 pm

I am having difficulties downloading Servoy version 4.0. Followoing the instructions on the download page (I am running Windows Vista):

a) Manual download

Servoy 4.0 (beta) installer (Windows Vista exe)
Servoy 3.5 (final) installer (Windows Vista exe)
Servoy 3.1 (final) installer
Servoy 2.2.x installer

b) Manual install
Windows/Macintosh: Doubleclick the downloaded file servoy_installer.jar and follow the instructions.
Linux/Unix: Start the installer by typing the following command in the directory you downloaded: java -jar servoy_installer.jar

If I click on the '(Windows Vista exe)' option, it downloads approximately 120 MB out of 159 MB whereafter I get a message stating that the connection to the server was lost. I've tried this 4-5 times with the same result...is this me, or the Servoy server?

If I click on the 'Servoy 4.0 (beta) installer', it downloads a 159 MB zip file which, when extracted, does not contain any *.jar files.

I'm a little confused at this point, because I have downloaded previous versions with no trouble. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Kim
kwpsd

Postby bcusick » Thu May 22, 2008 12:34 am

The site was temporarily down this morning (in US) due to a DNS snaffu... can you resume the download?
Bob Cusick
bcusick

Postby kwpsd » Thu May 22, 2008 3:35 am

Thanks, Bob...that did the trick! Also, download time was much improved (about twice as fast), most likely due to the DNS fix as well.

Kim
kwpsd

Previous

Return to Latest Releases