Servoy 4.0 rc4

Release notes for Servoy betas

Servoy 4.0 rc4

Postby svroemisse » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:07 pm

We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of Servoy 4.0 rc 4.

NOTE: this is PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE, use with caution and make BACKUPS before you start

Make a backup of your current Servoy installation (directory and database) before installing.

If you find a bug or have a feature request, please file a case in our support system: http://crm.servoy.com/servoy-webclient/ ... oy_support

This version is available through the download page on the Servoy website (developer section). This version will also be available through auto update shortly.

Changes in Client
[fix] case 40306: show/hide/(re)order/(re)size portal/tableview columns
[fix] case 52335: WC: tableView headers: text too large causes only header to grow, not column
[fix] case 142376: databaseManager.convertToDataSet() doesn't work for arrays containing text values
[fix] case 142407: table Column Autoenter - cannot lookup related table value
[fix] case 142881: bold, italic, underline buttons don't work with RTF area

Changes in Developer
[chg] branding options in admin page
[chg] case 143401: make solution browsing an option on admin page

[enh] case 144051: added identification title to Properties window
[enh] case 144077: data provider selection dialog is missing related calculations and aggregates

[fix] form designer was marked dirty after copy command
[fix] show image preview in place media dialog
[fix] case 138678: show no. of clients on the admin page
[fix] case 141822: added tabs only shown after debug client restart
[fix] case 142160: element list in Form Designer - tab sequence did not show a scrollbar
[fix] case 142674: Servoy not responding after making changes while smart client is running in dedug mode
[fix] case 142880: custom icon appears in debug client status bar after changing property in developer
[fix] case 143077: columns in table editor tabs can 'disappear'
[fix] case 143104: toolbar buttons for creating circle/rectangular shapes are missing

Easier way of setting Tab Sequence
Tab sequences can be set by pressing <ctrl>, then clicking the elements in the desired order while holding down the ctrl button. Then you can right click any of the selected items and select "Set tab sequence" to set the tab sequence to match the order in which you just clicked the items.

Known Issues
- installer quits with error on machines running Java 1.5.0-b64
- text toolbar missing

Previous Release
http://forum.servoy.com/viewtopic.php?t=10684
Sandor Vroemisse
Servoy
svroemisse

Re: Servoy 4.0 rc4

Postby Robert Huber » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:51 am

Hi All

I import a solution exported in Servoy 3.5.6. I do it withint the Solutions > Import in the Servoy Admin (Web).
As you can see I get an error about the Server 'hades' which is missing. As this project is really derived from our project hades, I removed any references to this server (at least I do not find any references any more). Where could this reference be?
I checked it in all the code, and the calculations.
Where else could this error message come from?

Regards, Robert

Code: Select all
Importing TrackITBasic.servoy...
[info]   Import contains XML version 12 and repository version 31.
[warning]   Reserved words used as table or column names: columns: number function type value type number number version version;
[warning]   Did not override the auto enter type information of the column 'id' of table 'stations' in server 'trackit'.
[warning]   Did not override the auto enter type information of the column 'id' of table 'companies' in server 'trackit'.
[error]   Server 'hades' does not exist. Import failed.
[error]   com.servoy.j2db.persistence.RepositoryException: Operation cancelled
Robert Huber
7r gmbh, Switzerland
SAN Developer
www.seven-r.ch
Robert Huber

Postby rgansevles » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:53 pm

Robert,

If you can't find it in the source, you can try unzipping the .servoy file into a temporary directory and look for the server in the files, property serverName has content_id 47:

fgrep -r '<property content_id="47">' export/

Rob
Rob Gansevles
Servoy
rgansevles

Postby Robert Huber » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:21 pm

Hi Rob

Thanks, I tried your suggestion and I am baffled. I send you 2 pictures ("getFindForms xml" and "getFindForms method") of my first finding. My problem seems to come from line 990, 991 993, ff.
But where are these properties?

The method getFindForms has just one line, see picture "getFindForms method".

BTW, what is content_id="46" and content_id="141"? Seems to be a table and a calculation, correct? Where would I find them?

I checked ALL forms and their serverName property. None has hades as server set!

Regards, Robert

PS: Hmmm, can't add files any more, buttons are gone

[img]/Users/robert/Desktop/getFindForms%20xml.png[/img]

rgansevles wrote:Robert,

If you can't find it in the source, you can try unzipping the .servoy file into a temporary directory and look for the server in the files, property serverName has content_id 47:

Rob
Robert Huber
7r gmbh, Switzerland
SAN Developer
www.seven-r.ch
Robert Huber

Postby Robert Huber » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:18 pm

Hi Rob

Could you please have a look at this thread, I put there my latest findings of our import problem, i. e. not being able to import a solution into even rc5.

http://forum.servoy.com/viewtopic.php?t=10780

Best regards, Robert

rgansevles wrote:Robert,

Rob
Robert Huber
7r gmbh, Switzerland
SAN Developer
www.seven-r.ch
Robert Huber

Return to Latest Releases