Servoy 5.0 rc 1

Release notes for Servoy betas

Re: Servoy 5.0 rc 1

Postby jcompagner » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:37 am

lwjwillemsen wrote:Thanks Johan, I didn't expect this sample code to show up when creating the global method through the valuelist editor...

More have simple sample code like that, and you know the exact method signature that is used if you create methods like that (for all events or commands)

lwjwillemsen wrote:Am I correct when I think this global method will be called every keyboard stroke when selecting typeahead at the formelement with this valuelist ?

not on every key stroke we do cache or postpone stuff (when typing fast)

But yes it can be called quite a lot.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby ptalbot » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:11 pm

jcompagner wrote:I dont think plugins currently can ask for that anymore yes. How do you use it in your plugin?

Make a case so that we can add it to the IClientPluginAccess api.

Now that I think of it, it would be even more useful to have a flag that would tell a bean when it is layed out in the Form designer/editor vs when it is used in the client (Debugger or Smart).

For example, I have a bean which is highly dynamic (pulling data from either a DataProvider or a URI) and for which it would be better to have a different display (a static display) on the Form designer/editor than "live"...

[edit]case opened #248766[/edit]

And BTW a flag to tell the bean when it is used in PrintPreview would go well with it too ;-)

[edit]other case opened #248767[/edit]

Thanks in advance for taking this request into account!
Patrick Talbot
Freelance - Open Source - Servoy Valued Professional
https://www.servoyforge.net
Velocity rules! If you don't use it, you don't know what you're missing!
ptalbot

Postby monetteboy » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:08 pm

I have a development system running 4.1.4. The server is running as a service without developer, then I have two developer workstations.

Could someone describe the best way to upgrade 4.1.4 running this way to the 5.0 rc1. I tried yesterday and couldn't get it work so I am sure I didn't something wrong. I had many issues with getting the sybase service to start. It would kick on, then close after a few seconds.

Thanks!
monetteboy

Postby Providence1 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:20 pm

The Forms node from the Solution Explorer disappeared for all solutions and all modules.

Refreshing or closing Servoy didn't restored them.

The only thing that did it was to open a method from one of the forms that was already open in Form Design.

I can't help but think what would have happened if I had no forms or methods open in Form Design.

Not sure how you would tackle this one as there is not much to go on. I'm on 10.6.1 and I haven't been suffering any of the debug errors that others have received because I refuse to use debug after I lost my entire workspace... thank the Lords of Cobal for Time Machine.
Last edited by Providence1 on Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Providence
Providence1

Postby jcompagner » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:23 pm

are you sure you dont have a calculations script as the active editor?
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby Providence1 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:56 pm

So if you have a Calculation as the front selected tab in Form editor you can't see the Form nodes?
Providence
Providence1

Postby Jan Blok » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:27 pm

correct
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Postby lwjwillemsen » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:27 pm

jcompagner wrote:
lwjwillemsen wrote:Thanks Johan, I didn't expect this sample code to show up when creating the global method through the valuelist editor...

More have simple sample code like that, and you know the exact method signature that is used if you create methods like that (for all events or commands)

lwjwillemsen wrote:Am I correct when I think this global method will be called every keyboard stroke when selecting typeahead at the formelement with this valuelist ?

not on every key stroke we do cache or postpone stuff (when typing fast)

But yes it can be called quite a lot.

Thanks very much Johan for your info...
Compliments to you at Servoy for the idea and implementation of this powerful new feature ! Now you can really put anything in a valuelist without too much coding or filling upon solution startup.
Next we are going to think about caching large datasets (let's say 3000 rows) used in valuelists and the inevitable problem of aging/dirty cache.
If you have some smart ideas about that you're welcome to let me know...
Lambert Willemsen
Vision Development BV
lwjwillemsen

Postby Gary R. Schaecher » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:34 pm

When upgrading to Servoy 5.0 we recently ran into a situation with our MS ISA Server, which uses NTLMv2. When the windows proxy client is turned on on a client machine it blocks the HTTP Service from starting on port 8080. If you turn off the proxy client it works again. Our network manager really wants everyone using windows proxy client, we can only do so by changing the port in Servoy/Eclipse to something other than 8080. We have searched the Eclipse forums and this is a known issue with Galileo, it does not impact 4.1.4 or earlier. It is not a Servoy issue but an Eclipse issue it appears. There were some suggestions to add some new lines in the Servoy.ini (Eclipse.ini) file, but those suggestions have not worked for us so far. They symptom as presented, is that your web client and the admin pages will not open in a browser. This is only if your running a NTLM2 proxy server and have the proxy client on your local machine turned on. This situation at a clients site might kill a sale in the future if IT demands you use port 8080 on their internal proxy server.

If anyone know a work around, please let us know.

Thanks,

Gary
TMA
Gary R. Schaecher
TMA Systems, LLC
www.tmasystems.com
Gary R. Schaecher

Postby IT2Be » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:26 pm

The installer suggests that it is possible to install the Application Server as a service on Mac OS.
Is that true?
If so, where is the agent or deamon installed?
Marcel J.G. Trapman (IT2BE)
SAN partner - Freelance Java and Servoy
Servoy Components - IT2BE Plug-ins and Beans for Servoy
ServoyForge - Open Source Components for Servoy
IT2Be
Servoy Expert

Postby Jan Blok » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:13 pm

IT2Be wrote:The installer suggests that it is possible to install the Application Server as a service on Mac OS. Is that true?

Yes, we use the latest 32/64 bits version which also works on unix/macosx systems.
IT2Be wrote:If so, where is the agent or deamon installed?

Good question, they say "unix deamon" only...
Does it not work on your Mac?
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Postby IT2Be » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:17 pm

I have not tested it but I installed it and I have not found any agent or deamon in either /Library or ~/Library...
I also tried to follow the installation progress and did not see anything go into another folder but the Servoy root.
However that it probably because it is only one file that is installed.

Is there an option to make the installer more verbose or log the files that are written ( have not used izpack for a long time :) )?
Marcel J.G. Trapman (IT2BE)
SAN partner - Freelance Java and Servoy
Servoy Components - IT2BE Plug-ins and Beans for Servoy
ServoyForge - Open Source Components for Servoy
IT2Be
Servoy Expert

Re: Servoy 5.0 rc 1 - valuelist global method

Postby andres3cv » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:04 pm

lwjwillemsen wrote:Please some info/documentation (or link) about the use of the new sql option in the valuelist (global method ?)

Hi,
I'm using a valuelist with global method, returning a filtered dataset based on a global variable. On SmartClient it will show ok, but on on WebClient the list is repeated more than once (at start up three times, then only two). Also in smartClient it will show an empty first option while on Web will always display first item as selected.

Andres
andres3cv

Postby jcompagner » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:46 pm

andres3cv wrote:
lwjwillemsen wrote:Please some info/documentation (or link) about the use of the new sql option in the valuelist (global method ?)

Hi,
I'm using a valuelist with global method, returning a filtered dataset based on a global variable. On SmartClient it will show ok, but on on WebClient the list is repeated more than once (at start up three times, then only two). Also in smartClient it will show an empty first option while on Web will always display first item as selected.

Andres

did you create a case with a sample solution?
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby andres3cv » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:55 pm

jcompagner wrote:
andres3cv wrote:did you create a case with a sample solution?

sorry but Im not sure what you are asking me, are you asking me to make a demo project with this problem? or asking if I extend an existing example?
excuse my some how "old" English chat talk.

Andres
andres3cv

PreviousNext

Return to Latest Releases