Servoy Developer
Version 5.2.10/5.2.13
Java version 1.6 update 31
Database SQL Server 2008 R2
martinh

Re: Servoy 5.1 rc 3

Postby Robert Huber » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:46 pm

Hi

I tried to use the Edit date format property. When I enter a format, let's say dd.MM.yyyy in Display Format AND Edit Format and apply the checkbox "Use as mask" and enter a dot (.) the Edit Format gets lost.

In the field only .......... are displayed, as the edit format got lost.

Regards, Robert

Mac OS X 10.6.2
Java 1.6.0_17
Robert Huber
7r gmbh, Switzerland
SAN Developer
www.seven-r.ch
Robert Huber

Postby Marco R. » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:49 pm

ROCLASI wrote:Hi Marco,

Please also make a case in the Servoy support database:
http://www.servoy.com/s

Ok robert,

case maked with ID = 273939
Marco Rossi
Freelance

Main development environment: Servoy 6.1.6 - 7.4.3, Java 1.6u45,7u71 Windows 7/CentOS
Marco R.

Postby vincentSchuurhof » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:57 pm

We are busy migrating a project from Servoy 3.5 to Servoy 5.1. But when we import the solution, all the relations to media is gone and the property "imageMedia" shows "-unresolved-" in every form.

Could this problem be solved before the final version?
vincentSchuurhof

Postby pbakker » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:14 pm

Most likely your module structure is not correct. The module containing the images should be included in the solution/module using them.

Paul
pbakker

Postby Robert Huber » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:34 am

Hi

I just found that when starting the SmartClient from within the Developer, without having an active solution, no message is given, the first form shortly appears and then disappears. An info message would be nice I think. May not be related to this release.

Regards, Robert
Robert Huber
7r gmbh, Switzerland
SAN Developer
www.seven-r.ch
Robert Huber

Postby vincentSchuurhof » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:19 pm

Hi Paul,

We exported the top solution including all attached modules. So everything has been imported at the same time, including the module which contains the media.
vincentSchuurhof

Postby pbakker » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:41 pm

Hi Vincent,

That doesn't mean that the module structure is correct though. You need to check if the solution that has the -unresolved- items in it does include the module containing the missing resources.

Paul
pbakker

Postby vincentSchuurhof » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:11 pm

Hi Paul,

I checked whether the module containing the media is correctly attached to the module with the missing links and this is the case. Moreover, if I try to attach the correct media to the element, I can select the media which should be there in the first place.
vincentSchuurhof

Postby pbakker » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:36 pm

ok, this can mean 2 things:
1- You had duplicate media's on 3.5 (meaning: the same media was part of 2 different modules/solutions) and now it cannot access the one it's linked to (due to the module strucure) while you access the other one located in the module/solution where you expect it.

2- something is going wrong in the export/import.

To check the first: Open the Navigator view and locate the .frm file that has the -unresolved- property on it. Open it as a text file and locate the property that is -unresolved-. In the .frm file it should have a long identifier (UUID) as value. Then search throughout your entire workspace (Control-H) for that UUID to see if it is used anywhere as a unique identifier for a media. If it is, look at the module/solution it is in.

If the above is not clear, it's best to create a support request in our support system and attach a zipped version of your workspace.

Paul
pbakker

Postby jcompagner » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:57 pm

Robert Huber wrote:Hi

I tried to use the Edit date format property. When I enter a format, let's say dd.MM.yyyy in Display Format AND Edit Format and apply the checkbox "Use as mask" and enter a dot (.) the Edit Format gets lost.

currently if you use a mask then you cant have edit and display formats, thats not supported.

With a mask you can only have one format that is both display and format at the same time.

In the dialog of the date format property you should also see this, because when you select the mask you will see that the edit format text box will be disabled (and the place holder enabled)
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby vincentSchuurhof » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:22 pm

Hi Paul,

To eliminate the problem of the export itself I created a new export from Servoy 3 and imported it into Servoy 5.1 and it worked! All links to the media of attached modules are preserved like they should. So problem solved!

Thanks for your help...
vincentSchuurhof

Postby Robert Huber » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:11 pm

Hi

Ok, the date mask would be a fine thing, but I would like to show a date like it is used for german speaking countries, like 15.01.2010. I have to enter in the Display format field: dd.MM.yyyy of Servoy's Edit date format property form. I would like to show to the user a format like tt.mm.jjjj (for Tag, Monat, Jahr). I can't do that, because the format needs to be in the english version of dd.MM.yyyy, but then this format is NOT i18n aware. So the user get's to see dd.MM.yyyy in the field (see attached file) but would like to see tt.mm.jjjj. So the only solution would be make the format either i18n aware or may be you have another idea how to accomplish that?

Best regards, Robert

PS: You would make your german speaking customers make happy if you'd offer a format in the Display Format combobox of dd.MM.yyyy :-)

jcompagner wrote:
Robert Huber wrote:Hi

currently if you use a mask then you cant have edit and display formats, thats not supported.

With a mask you can only have one format that is both display and format at the same time.

In the dialog of the date format property you should also see this, because when you select the mask you will see that the edit format text box will be disabled (and the place holder enabled)
Attachments
Screen shot 2010-02-15 at 16.52.04.png
Date field should contain tt.mm.jjjj instead of dd.MM.yyyy
Screen shot 2010-02-15 at 16.52.04.png (24.64 KiB) Viewed 12973 times
Robert Huber
7r gmbh, Switzerland
SAN Developer
www.seven-r.ch
Robert Huber

Postby Robert Huber » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:18 pm

Hi Servoyans

The table events after... sounds good. I am wondering how/where do I get a handle to a deleted record? If I don't get a handle, how do I know which one was deleted?

Best regards, Robert

BTW, wouldn't a name like for example postRecordUpdate be a bit more common? Then the other table events could be called preRecordUpdate what they really are, aren't they? :-)
Robert Huber
7r gmbh, Switzerland
SAN Developer
www.seven-r.ch
Robert Huber

Postby jcompagner » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:08 pm

Robert Huber wrote:Ok, the date mask would be a fine thing, but I would like to show a date like it is used for german speaking countries, like 15.01.2010. I have to enter in the Display format field: dd.MM.yyyy of Servoy's Edit date format property form. I would like to show to the user a format like tt.mm.jjjj (for Tag, Monat, Jahr). I can't do that, because the format needs to be in the english version of dd.MM.yyyy, but then this format is NOT i18n aware. So the user get's to see dd.MM.yyyy in the field (see attached file) but would like to see tt.mm.jjjj. So the only solution would be make the format either i18n aware or may be you have another idea how to accomplish that?

Problem is that you see the display format as something that you want to show when there is a null value (also when in edit mode)
But thats not what display format is, display format shows the date in a completely different kind of format for example:

15 may 2009 is displayed when not editing but 15-05-2009 is shown when you place the cursor in.
Currently thats not supported when using masks.

But what you want is even different, because you really want to show 'tt.mm.jjjj' when editing but the format that we parse has then to be 'dd.MM.yyyy' thats even different thats not the display format at all.
You will for example never see in the user interface the format string of the display format. Thats purely used if there is a value that you dont edit.

what you want is an option or something that you can say, show localized edit format.
Dont know how easy this would be to have (in smart and webclient)

Please make a case so that we can track this.

Robert Huber wrote:PS: You would make your german speaking customers make happy if you'd offer a format in the Display Format combobox of dd.MM.yyyy :-)

i added it to the format combo options.
We could add a few more examples in that list. So if you anybody has some that they would like to see i can add them.

What i want to do is that that drop down remembers your last 10 choices.. so that you fill it yourself.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

PreviousNext

Return to Latest Releases