Servoy 5.2 release candidate 1 (open source release)

Release notes for Servoy betas

Servoy 5.2 release candidate 1 (open source release)

Postby Jan Blok » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:43 am

We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of Servoy 5.2 release candidate 1 (open source release)
When installing this version all non Servoy beans and plugins have to be signed by there vendor! Plugin/beans developer should have a look here

This version is available through the download page on the Servoy website (developer section) and auto update.
Always make a backup of your current Servoy installation (directory and database) before upgrading.
To update a Servoy 5.x eclipse open, Window -> Preferences (update sites), change:
-url to http://www.servoy.com/developer/5xx_updates/beta
-Disable both eclipse.org update-sites, since there is a problem at the eclipse side!
Check for updates via help menu.

For a list of all enhances and open source info look here

Client changes:
[fix] 300158 Bug when using client design mode when try to edit forms on tabs
[fix] 300073 onAction tableview on element not fired
[fix] 298568 onElementFocusLost _event formName = null
[fix] 298592 Event from a calculation shown in a combobox in list view doesn’t have property formname from onAction and onDataChange
[fix] 301628 Onfocus gained method in webclient causes focus to be lost.
[fix] 302611 search on aggregates does not return records with no related records

Developer changes:
[fix] 301990 Object type sub-nodes in Solution Explorer view are not sorted by name
[fix] 301556 occasional grey screen when starting a solution (on Mac)

Server changes:
[enh] 299743 HTTP Tunnel NTML proxy support

Note:
Something we did not mention last time, the runtime builder is since 5.2 only able to build runtimes for the platform its used on.
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Re: Servoy 5.2 release candidate 1 (open source release)

Postby rioba » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:55 am

I just installed the rc1 and tried to set the repository server as usual. I am using MySQL 5.1.48 on MacOS 10.6.4 and I have installed the Connector/J 5.1.13 driver from MySQL (and, yes, I started Servoy AFTER moving the driver into the drivers' directory). I am however unable to select the com.mysql.jdbc.Driver in the server configuration panel, although it is available in the drop-down menu. After selecting it and saving the new server configuration, the driver always reverts to the default org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver. In 5.1.4 (same set-up, same server, same drivers) I have no issues with this. Did something change in 5.2?

P.S. I modified the servoy.properties file with the correct information. After that Servoy 5.2 seems to be using the com.mysql.jdbc.Driver driver. To be sure it was not an issue with the properties file I trashed it and recreated the repository server, with the same result: it always reverts to the org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver
Last edited by rioba on Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rioba

Postby ROCLASI » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:29 pm

Hi Rioba,

One is just an alias for the other so they are in fact one and the same driver.
Robert Ivens
SAN Developer / Servoy Valued Professional / Servoy Certified Developer

ROCLASI Software Solutions / JBS Group, Partner
Mastodon: @roclasi
--
ServoyForge - Building Open Source Software.
PostgreSQL - The world's most advanced open source database.
ROCLASI
Servoy Expert

Postby rioba » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:46 pm

Thanks, good to know. Just curious why the behavior is different from previous editions.
rioba

Return to Latest Releases