Servoy 6.0 alpha 3

Release notes for Servoy betas

Re: Servoy 6.0 alpha 3

Postby rossent » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:02 pm

jcompagner wrote:did you also really set the border to empty??

I had to call putClientProperty("contentAreaFilled", false); not only on form load, but also every time I call controller.recreateUI()

Now, is there any way to show the text underlined, like a link? Unfortunately, the Servoy styles do not support the text-decoration style attribute...
Rossen Totev
Argos Software
rossent

Postby ROCLASI » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:08 pm

Hi Rossen,

Use HTML in the button label and you can apply any style and text-decoration you want.

Hope this helps.
Robert Ivens
SAN Developer / Servoy Valued Professional / Servoy Certified Developer

ROCLASI Software Solutions / JBS Group, Partner
Mastodon: @roclasi
--
ServoyForge - Building Open Source Software.
PostgreSQL - The world's most advanced open source database.
ROCLASI
Servoy Expert

Postby jcompagner » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:57 pm

rossent wrote:
I had to call putClientProperty("contentAreaFilled", false); not only on form load, but also every time I call controller.recreateUI()

weird i didn't have to do that at all. In my last example (of the picture) i even did it on the button click itself, so first it displayed a button
then i click on it and it was just like a label..
And what is even more strange, i would say if you call recreateUI() that it would revert your client property!
(because the button is recreated)
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby rossent » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:01 pm

ROCLASI wrote:Hi Rossen,

Use HTML in the button label and you can apply any style and text-decoration you want.

Hope this helps.

Yes, I did that. And got the underline... but the statement "apply any style and text-decoration you want" in the smart client is really limited to only whatever the crappy Java HTML rendering can do... and this approach forces me to stuff unnecessary HTML code... and now I have to start escaping un-safe HTML characters in the link text... yes, possible, but why having to jump over so many hoops to get a simple think like that working? A side note, In .NET and Delphi, there are standard components right out of the box which do exactly that without any of those workarounds. Servoy should really update the standard components pallet to include some of the 21st century UI stuff and make it work consistent in the Smart Client and the Web Client, but that is a separate topic altogether.

So, so far I was able to make a button look and act like a hyper-link in the smart client. In the web client however, the "link button" does not show the hand cursor when hovering over, even though I have set the rolloverCursor property to HAND (shows up fine in the smart client). This applies actually to "regular" buttons - just give it a try: place a button on a form, set its rolloverCursor property to HAND and compare the results in Smart and Web client... seems like a bug to me
Rossen Totev
Argos Software
rossent

Previous

Return to Latest Releases