E-Automation Systems, LLC
Servoy 6.1 final
PostgreSQL 9.0
gldni

Re: Servoy 6.1 beta 1 release

Postby jcarlos » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:14 pm

First, congratulations for this new release! :D

The issue:

One of the key feature of JavaScript is (or was) loose typing. Servoy benefits from that, because scripting is fast but still the output/the deployed solution is Java (with all of its wonderful widgets, etc.)

(1) I have not moved to Servoy 6 because I don’t want to be restricted by the new JSDoc implementation. For example, I don’t want to be typing the data type while defining variables, etc. Is there a way to set this by default instead of suppressing the warnings inside the code with @SuppressWarnings JSDoc tag?

If this is not possible I can live with that – moving forward/new solutions – no really a problem.

(2) But I can’t really live with that for all old solutions. Is there a way to suppress the JSDoc Warnings per solution? I don’t want to suppress this (feature) entirely, only on certain old solutions. Could this be possible under the Projects menu?

Currently under Projects menu we have there the 'Clean…' feature. We can 'Clean Projects Selected below' and not all –if we choose so.

It would be nice if we could select the JSDoc Preference there as well. With the option to ‘Suppress the JSDoc Warning on selected solutions/projects.’ Is this (or something similar) built in Servoy 6.1 or should I request this feature (if possible)?

This new Servoy release is really impressive. The support for installing the Servoy Application Server on any Java server is excellent! CSS3 support is awesome!

Best to all,
JC
Juan-Carlos Sanchez, Stanford University - Law and Economics
jcarlos

Postby jcompagner » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:20 pm

jcarlos wrote:
(1) I have not moved to Servoy 6 because I don’t want to be restricted by the new JSDoc implementation. For example, I don’t want to be typing the data type while defining variables, etc. Is there a way to set this by default instead of suppressing the warnings inside the code with @SuppressWarnings JSDoc tag?

If this is not possible I can live with that – moving forward/new solutions – no really a problem.

(2) But I can’t really live with that for all old solutions. Is there a way to suppress the JSDoc Warnings per solution? I don’t want to suppress this (feature) entirely, only on certain old solutions. Could this be possible under the Projects menu?

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17905
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby Jan Blok » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:20 am

The short answer is jsdocs helps you big time with code complete and code refactor.
Bottom line you can do without and to prevent many warnings you can disable these as well
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Postby pbakker » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:49 am

And to add to that: you can configure all the warnings on a project to project basis already, by selecting the option at the top of the Preference page where you do all the settings, called "Configure Project Specific Settings"

I think you should realize that the whole JSDoc think is only something to help you out while working in Developer.

Also: this has nothing to do with the 6.1 release so don't cross post.

Paul
pbakker

Postby jcarlos » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:57 pm

pbakker wrote:And to add to that: you can configure all the warnings on a project to project basis already, by selecting the option at the top of the Preference page where you do all the settings, called "Configure Project Specific Settings"

Excellent! This is a dream. Code refactoring is certainly great for those developer that build hundreds of solutions. For me the loose typing feature/architecture of js is what I love - specially in Servoy.

I think this was/is undocumented because of this post: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17905

pbakker wrote:I think you should realize that the whole JSDoc think is only something to help you out while working in Developer.

Good to know! Does this mean that all of the JSDoc’s overhead is removed and the code is streamlined while creating/exporting solutions? I always suspected so, but I am glad to hear it from you.

pbakker wrote:Also: this has nothing to do with the 6.1 release so don't cross post.

Sorry, I didn’t know that 'configuring all the warnings on project by project basis' was already possible. I mentioned it as something for Servoy 6.1. Many developers didn’t know about this either (per this post: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17905)

Best and thank you for your hard work!

JC
jcarlos

Postby monetteboy1331938915 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:35 pm

Hi,

I setup a new install to test out the 6.1 beta on our dev server. I just used the servoy team provider but on my developer workstation I don't have the option to check-out from the server. The only options I have are Create a new solution or Import.

I can checkout the solution from developer on the server.

Is there something new I need to do now to get that option?

Thanks!
monetteboy1331938915

Postby ptalbot » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:20 pm

rossent wrote:With the Rhino 1.7R3 now we have in Servoy the standard JavaScript JSON support (beware of the one-way date serialization!).
However, it appears that the Script Editor currently does not recognize it even though it works just fine. Can we have support for it?

You can use Velocity fromJSON() toJSON() for true serialization (and it works with dates too) :)
Patrick Talbot
Freelance - Open Source - Servoy Valued Professional
https://www.servoyforge.net
Velocity rules! If you don't use it, you don't know what you're missing!
ptalbot

Postby jcompagner » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:25 pm

jcarlos wrote:
pbakker wrote:And to add to that: you can configure all the warnings on a project to project basis already, by selecting the option at the top of the Preference page where you do all the settings, called "Configure Project Specific Settings"

Excellent! This is a dream. Code refactoring is certainly great for those developer that build hundreds of solutions. For me the loose typing feature/architecture of js is what I love - specially in Servoy.

do remember that not everything you call in servoy is loose typed. All servoy api calls are java calls so that is typed.

jcarlos wrote:I think this was/is undocumented because of this post: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17905

pbakker wrote:I think you should realize that the whole JSDoc think is only something to help you out while working in Developer.

Good to know! Does this mean that all of the JSDoc’s overhead is removed and the code is streamlined while creating/exporting solutions? I always suspected so, but I am glad to hear it from you.

No even if you disable all jsdoc warnings, the parser still does its work, because that is still needed for other things (like code completion, outline view)
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby pentamsi » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:15 am

What is the maning of the Spinner field? i don't know how to use.
pentamsi

Postby lvostinar » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:19 am

pentamsi wrote:What is the maning of the Spinner field? i don't know how to use.

You can select between valuelist items using spinner control.
Laurian Vostinar
Servoy
lvostinar

Postby pentamsi » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:13 am

But when i can see the function? i used the demo solution in the svn repository but i understant
pentamsi

Postby lvostinar » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:23 am

pentamsi wrote:But when i can see the function? i used the demo solution in the svn repository but i understant

Not sure what you mean, the functionality is present in Servoy 6.1 beta1. You must select new field type Spinner and attach a valuelist to it (in designer).
Laurian Vostinar
Servoy
lvostinar

Postby pentamsi » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:46 am

Okey, now i understand how it works. Thanks for all the info.
pentamsi

Postby jcarlos » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:15 pm

lvostinar wrote:
pentamsi wrote:What is the maning of the Spinner field? i don't know how to use.

You can select between valuelist items using spinner control.

+1 :-).

Thank you Johan and Paul for this ---- also thank you for your prompt response to the questions in this Forum.
jcarlos

PreviousNext

Return to Latest Releases