Servoy 6.1 rc 4

Release notes for Servoy betas

Re: Servoy 6.1 rc 4

Postby rossent » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:48 pm

How can we update an application server from 6.0.6 to 6.1 RC4 without having to uninstall it and re-install it from from scratch?
Rossen Totev
Argos Software
rossent

Postby ROCLASI » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:04 pm

Hi Rossen,

You don't have to uninstall your 6.0 instance. You can simply install the 6.1 instance in another directory.
As for updating. You can't update to a different major version. The updater doesn't support that.
Robert Ivens
SAN Developer / Servoy Valued Professional / Servoy Certified Developer

ROCLASI Software Solutions / JBS Group, Partner
Mastodon: @roclasi
--
ServoyForge - Building Open Source Software.
PostgreSQL - The world's most advanced open source database.
ROCLASI
Servoy Expert

Postby rossent » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:27 am

Hi Servoy,

We are having trouble with the solution imports on Application servers and medias in particular. The problem is this - we have a text file containing some system information added as a media to a solution. The text file is modified outside the Servoy Developer as part of our build process but when debugging in Servoy Developer, all changes are correctly reflected and the behavior is as expected. When we export the solution and look directly in the generated .servoy file, the included media file in the binary folder has the correct contents. However, when the solution is imported in an Application Server, the media data in the Servoy repository database is not updated and still has the prior revision and content. What could be causing this issue? Why the media data which is included in the .servoy file is not used to update the data in the repository on the server? Do we need to do something special when the content of media files is modified in order to ensure that the changes will be imported correctly?
Rossen Totev
Argos Software
rossent

Postby lvostinar » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:11 am

rossent wrote:Hi Servoy,

We are having trouble with the solution imports on Application servers and medias in particular. The problem is this - we have a text file containing some system information added as a media to a solution. The text file is modified outside the Servoy Developer as part of our build process but when debugging in Servoy Developer, all changes are correctly reflected and the behavior is as expected. When we export the solution and look directly in the generated .servoy file, the included media file in the binary folder has the correct contents. However, when the solution is imported in an Application Server, the media data in the Servoy repository database is not updated and still has the prior revision and content. What could be causing this issue? Why the media data which is included in the .servoy file is not used to update the data in the repository on the server? Do we need to do something special when the content of media files is modified in order to ensure that the changes will be imported correctly?

Seems a duplicate issue of:

https://support.servoy.com/browse/SVY-2529

That should be fixed in rc5.
Laurian Vostinar
Servoy
lvostinar

Postby lvostinar » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:13 am

jasantana wrote:Hi,

Is this viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18067#p97311 fixed ??

Yes, think so, the case Johan indicated in that thread is closed as fixed.
Laurian Vostinar
Servoy
lvostinar

Postby rgansevles » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:08 am

Rossen,

A related issue was fixed after rc4, fixing also this one.

Rob

rossent wrote:Hi Servoy,

In 6.0.6 we could bind fields using 2-hop relations - for example, on a form based on table A we could place a field with a dataprovider set as: A_to_B.B_to_C.some_column

In 6.1 RC4 such bindings are still possible (at least the UI in the Servoy Developer allows it) but at runtime no data is displayed in fields or labels which use more than 1-hop relations like the one described above. Is this a bug or an intentional change? Are such bindings supported by Servoy in 6.1?
Rob Gansevles
Servoy
rgansevles

Postby studiomiazzo » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:32 pm

lvostinar wrote:
studiomiazzo wrote:I understand, thank you. Do you think I have to switch to the TableView for my purpose?

Yes, in 6.0 Web Client the listview is actually a tableview.
That's fine but we've got a little problem: we need to hide the table's headers. Is there any automatic way of doing so?
Also, do you know why the listview should get those bunch of pixel shifted on the left? We've got a checkbox for multiple selection, could it be it?
studiomiazzo

Postby Gabi Boros » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:20 am

studiomiazzo wrote:
lvostinar wrote:
studiomiazzo wrote:I understand, thank you. Do you think I have to switch to the TableView for my purpose?

That's fine but we've got a little problem: we need to hide the table's headers. Is there any automatic way of doing so?
Also, do you know why the listview should get those bunch of pixel shifted on the left? We've got a checkbox for multiple selection, could it be it?

for the pixels shifted on the left, we need to see your form layout, can you show it
in a sample solution ?
Gabi Boros
Servoy
Gabi Boros

Postby lvostinar » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:23 pm

studiomiazzo wrote:
lvostinar wrote:

Yes, add header part.
Laurian Vostinar
Servoy
lvostinar

Postby studiomiazzo » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:04 pm

Many thanks
studiomiazzo

Previous

Return to Latest Releases