Servoy 8.4 release candidate 1

Release notes for Servoy betas

Re: Servoy 8.4 release candidate 1

Postby jozef.kopanicak » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:05 am

Hi

After updating to 8.4 rc1, i can no longer login into our smart client in the developer. We have a login solution and custom authenticator. After calling security.login, the login solution is closed, but the main solution is not loaded.
There's nothing in the console, application server log or in the developer log. In the Admin page, the client says, that the main solution is loaded, but the onSolutionOpen method of the main solution is not called and the first form of the solution is not shown.
I've tried to reproduce the problem on a smaller solution, but it works then. After switching back to 8.3.3, everything works again. I will try to narrow the problem down, but I thought I would ask if anybody else experienced the problem

*EDIT*
-------
I have found the problem and created the case https://support.servoy.com/browse/SVY-13131
Last edited by jozef.kopanicak on Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jozef Kopanicak
Mirus Software AG
jozef.kopanicak

Postby patrick » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:43 am

R&D told me that if your login form extends another form, this should be fixed in the next release.
Patrick Ruhsert
Servoy DACH
patrick

Postby jozef.kopanicak » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:27 pm

Sorry, I didn't see your response before I edited my post. Yes, that's exactly our case
Jozef Kopanicak
Mirus Software AG
jozef.kopanicak

Postby jcompagner » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:01 pm

We will try to release rc2 before Christmas
If you want to test before the rc2 release you can download this: https://build.servoy.com/latest/servoy_ ... update.zip
and drop it over a 84rc1 install and start servoy once with "servoy -clean"
This will be possible in the next few days until we have made internally the rc2 build...
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby jcompagner » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:21 pm

cp wrote:So - does anyone else have issues running 8.4 rc1?

I've tried - in vain - to update, clean install - on OSX and Win - Java 8 and 11 - but always getting blank views and errors like:

Could not create the view: com.servoy.eclipse.ui.views.SolutionExplorerView

Could not create the view: com.servoy.eclipse.ui.views.solutionexplorer.FormHierarchyView

Am I missing something?

i think i could reproduce this, somehow if you do an update it would also download a wrong plugin (from eclipse, not our update site)
and then we got into a version conflict, i made sure this shouldn't happen to fix to a specific version.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby jcompagner » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:22 pm

jcompagner wrote:We will try to release rc2 before Christmas
If you want to test before the rc2 release you can download this: https://build.servoy.com/latest/servoy_ ... update.zip
and drop it over a 84rc1 install and start servoy once with "servoy -clean"
This will be possible in the next few days until we have made internally the rc2 build...

the update.zip can't be used anymore for the rc1 release.
So don't try to download it and put it over a rc1 release.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Previous

Return to Latest Releases