Servoy 2019.06 release candidate 1

Release notes for Servoy betas

Servoy 2019.06 release candidate 1

Postby jcompagner » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:31 am

We are pleased to announce the availability of Servoy 2019.06 release candidate 1 (release number 3500)

Besides the normal all in one installer we have: jar or exe
we have now installers per platform ( windows, osx, linux)

These installers are just zip/tar files that just needs extraction in a directory.
On OSX you need to run "firstuse.command" after extracting the tar.gz file and before starting the developer. This file is places in the root of the extracted files
An installation (coming from the normal installer or from a platform specific archive) is now shipping with with a Java VM (Java12)
So for the platform specific archives you don't need to install or java have on your system.
The all in one installer still needs java for itself.

In this release we also added Chromium to be used as the browser for the Form Editor and Servoy Package Manager, this can be enabled in the preferences, at this time this works for windows, but on OSX it crashes (and linux it can depend on the distribution you have)

The developer can be updated by the http://download.servoy.com/developer/la ... ecandidate update site url.
This is in our "latest" release stream (06,09,12) if you want to stick the the lts release then disable that releasecandidate url and stick to the urls with "lts" in the name
If you update to this release you have to do a new install of 201903 to go back to an the LTS release branch

Noticeable changes:
security hardening, session hijacking with cross site scripting made a lot harder because the websocket session is split up, where one portion is not readable in javascript

eclipse upgraded to 19.03/4.11 (this also can bring java lib updates like http client)

Bundled PostgreSQL is updated to 10.7

java lib updates to oauth and broadcaster plugins

js lib upgraded (bootstrap 3.4.1, jquery 3.3.1, jquery-ui 1.12.1, angular 1.7.7)

Form and Table security can now be configured to be in explicit mode, so the user only has rights to stuff from the groups the user is in if the groups have explicitly set that it is allowed.

First cut of NGDesktop client support, you are able to launch the ngclient in the NGDesktop wrapper (build on electron/chrome), more support will be added in the coming releases

Form Designer for css positioning forms can now quickly set "anchors" on multiply components at once through the new "anchoring" menu

component/service spec: deprecation support and component "moved" support.

ViewFoundSet support in developer, now can create one like in mem and use them in forms directly (with an onload callback to fill it when first used)

WarExporter: license should now be given as 3 arguments: license.company_name , license.code and license.licenses

Added a new Service solution type so it is more clear that this a a rest/headless client type of solution.

Servoy Theme roller: added a 201906 release

API Changes:

foundset.dispose() -> call this to to help the system to clear the foundset when a lot of foundset are created for bulk processing

datasources.db.server.getTableNames() api added

Added api to JSUtils for string/byte/base64 conversions:

byte[] JSUtils.stringToBytes(String)
String JSUitls.bytesToString(byte[])
String JSUtils.stringToBase64(String)
String JSUtils.base64ToString(String)
String JSUtils.bytesToBase64(byte[])
byte[] JSUtils.base64ToBytes(String)

i18n.setLocale(language, country, extensions) api added for extensions support: https://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial ... sions.html

i18n.getI18NMessage(key, country,language) added to get a translated message for another country/language then the client.

Enabled all working history.xxx api for ngclient .

Added APP_NG_PROPERTY.WINDOW_BRANDING_TITLE, APP_NG_PROPERTY.WINDOW_BRANDING_ICON_32, APP_NG_PROPERTY.WINDOW_BRANDING_ICON_192 for use with: application.putClientProperty to be able to override the branding per client instance

JSRelation.joinType to change the join type to one of the: QBJoin.LEFT_OUTER_JOIN, QBJoin.INNER_JOIN, QBJoin.RIGHT_OUTER_JOIN, QBJoin.FULL_JOIN

security.canAccess(form [, elementname]) and security.canView(form [, elementname]) added for programatically be able to see the security for forms or its elements.

See the issues list for a complete overview.

Also 3 packages are release, for the designer it is needed to upgrade the 12grid package. Also the other packages did upgrade to the same bootstrap/jquery ui packages as the core to not have conflicts:

12grid
Servoy Extra
bootstrap components

warning because of the version changes of servoy, 83/84 will see also those packages, because it doesn't match correctly on the supported version. So be aware if you still use 83 or 84 to not install those updated packages above.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Re: Servoy 2019.06 release candidate 1

Postby rioba1401913570 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:14 pm

The problem I reported here https://forum.servoy.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=22444#p119787and here https://forum.servoy.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22434#p119719 is still there although in the release notes issue https://support.servoy.com/browse/SVY-13566 is said to be resolved. I don't understand if I am the only one to have this problem or others also have experienced it
rioba1401913570

Postby jcompagner » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:08 am

Are you configuring/setting the catalog ? Because that is something you need to do so we are sending "use <catalog>" to the database for all created connections.
(and that is fixed for that case, so it is not that you don't need to change anything, you need to configure the catalog parameter in the advanced section of the server)
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby wvitpr » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:10 am

Since upgrading to this version, I am having trouble displaying more than 4 forms in the HTML5 editor, it just shows a blank page and refuses to load the form elements. No toolbar either. Are there error logs I can search for this problem, Also I am finding screen refreshing really slow.. which is slowing my development down considerably. I have allocated 4Gb memory to Developer. My machine has 16 in total
Regards,
Phillip Routley

Worldview IT
Sydney, Australia
wvitpr

Postby jcompagner » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:41 am

you are on Windows?
Then this is a known issue and is already fixed for the next RC, this is because Internet Explorer what is used is throwing after a while a security exception with websocket usage.

You can switch to Chromium (through the preferences) that doesn't have a problem with this.

What do you mean with screen refreshing? When are screens refreshed?
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby wvitpr » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:32 am

Yes I am using Windows 10, I'm happy to change to Chrome.

I feel the HTML5 editor is slow to redraw form components for example, moving, copy pasting elements etc, sometimes it needs a manual refresh or re open of the form to display elements correctly.

Other odd behaviour;
1. Arranging elements front to back relative to each other, doesn't work as expected.
2. CSS positioning is not WYSIWYG all the time, and requires a restart of developer.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01KD using Tapatalk
Regards,
Phillip Routley

Worldview IT
Sydney, Australia
wvitpr

Postby jcompagner » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:10 pm

i can't really see that in in the editor that it slower then in 201903 (when in css positioning)
(i am just in standard browser mode, so using IE , not chrome, test if that helps for you)

i do see <1> but only that it doesn't adjust the components to redraw, the value (form index) is set correctly, also adjusting the formIndex through the outline is not really repaiting, but i guess this is a bit tricky because it would kind of mean really laying out everything (we don't really know all the components that could be touched)

if you have a scenario for point <2> then please let us know i a case.
Are you talking about the form designer only or really also in the actual client? I just can't reproduce this.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby wvitpr » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:21 pm

I should clarify, the HTML5 slowness has not improved since 201903, I was hoping it would I guess.
Points 1 and 2 are a problem in form designer, waiting for re-drawers not being able to set element arrangements reliably reloading forms and restarting developer just slows development down. I have changed to Chrome in preferences and are still having the same 4 form limit, this is in the servoy_log.txt, so I guess its still using IE somehow.

2019-06-18 21:10:53,880 WARN [main] com.servoy.j2db.util.Debug - java.lang.SecurityException: class "com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.ActivityCorrelator$1"'s signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package [ ]
2019-06-18 21:10:53,885 WARN [main] com.servoy.j2db.util.Debug - java.lang.SecurityException: class "com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.DateTimeFormatter"'s signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package [ ]
2019-06-18 21:10:53,886 WARN [main] com.servoy.j2db.util.Debug - java.lang.SecurityException: class "com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.KerbAuthentication$1SQLJDBCDriverConfig"'s signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package [ ]
2019-06-18 21:10:53,887 WARN [main] com.servoy.j2db.util.Debug - java.lang.SecurityException: class "com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.LocalDate"'s signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package [ ]
2019-06-18 21:10:53,887 WARN [main] com.servoy.j2db.util.Debug - java.lang.SecurityException: class "com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.LocalDateTime"'s signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package [ ]
2019-06-18 21:10:53,888 WARN [main] com.servoy.j2db.util.Debug - java.lang.SecurityException: class "com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.LocalTime"'s signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package [ ]
2019-06-18 21:10:53,888 WARN [main] com.servoy.j2db.util.Debug - java.lang.SecurityException: class "com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.OffsetDateTime"'s signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package [ ]
2019-06-18 21:10:53,888 WARN [main] com.servoy.j2db.util.Debug - java.lang.SecurityException: class "com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.OffsetTime"'s signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package [ ]
2019-06-18 21:10:53,889 WARN [main] com.servoy.j2db.util.Debug - java.lang.SecurityException: class "com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerBulkCSVFileRecord$ColumnMetadata"'s signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package [ ]
2019-06-18 21:10:53,890 WARN [main] com.servoy.j2db.util.Debug - java.lang.SecurityException: class "com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerCallableStatement$1ThreePartNamesParser"'s signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package [ ]
2019-06-18 21:10:53,895 WARN [main] com.servoy.j2db.util.Debug - java.lang.SecurityException: class "com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLType"'s signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package [ ]
2019-06-18 21:10:53,897 WARN [main] com.servoy.j2db.util.Debug - java.lang.SecurityException: class "com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TemporalCompatibility"'s signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package [ ]
2019-06-18 21:10:53,898 WARN [main] com.servoy.j2db.util.Debug - java.lang.SecurityException: class "com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.ZoneOffset"'s signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package [ ]
2019-06-18 21:10:53,898 WARN [main] com.servoy.j2db.util.Debug - java.lang.SecurityException: class "com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.format"'s signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package [ ]
Regards,
Phillip Routley

Worldview IT
Sydney, Australia
wvitpr

Postby jcompagner » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:32 pm

no all that has nothing todo with the developer
thats sql server jdbc drivers. maybe you use 2 of them in the "drivers" folder? and they are signed by different signatures or something like that.

I have no idea where this 4 form limit comes from. In my current build (where the IE problem is fixed) i can easily work with 6 forms at the same time.
But if you are really using chrome (so the checkbox in the Preferences->Servoy->Use the chromium browser... is checked, and you reopend the editors (or restarted once)
then the browser really should be different and the IE problem (empty screens only seeing an empty top and left) should for sure not show up anymore
I think i can see it by a slightly bolder text in the palette
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby wvitpr » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:35 pm

But if you are really using chrome (so the checkbox in the Preferences->Servoy->Use the chromium browser... is checked

I have found the check box but it wont stay checked, do I need to install something else?

I get this error

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2019-06-18 22:41:25.551
!MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.servoy.eclipse.ui.preferences.ServoyGlobalPreferencePage.performOk(ServoyGlobalPreferencePage.java:284)
at org.eclipse.jface.preference.PreferencePage.performApply(PreferencePage.java:457)
at org.eclipse.jface.preference.PreferencePage.lambda$1(PreferencePage.java:289)
at org.eclipse.swt.events.SelectionListener$1.widgetSelected(SelectionListener.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:252)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:89)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4131)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1055)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3944)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3547)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:823)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:799)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.dialogs.WorkbenchPreferenceDialog.open(WorkbenchPreferenceDialog.java:214)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.OpenPreferencesAction.run(OpenPreferencesAction.java:66)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:474)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:568)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.lambda$4(ActionContributionItem.java:400)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:89)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4131)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1055)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3944)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3547)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$5.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1173)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:338)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1062)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:155)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.lambda$3(Workbench.java:644)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:338)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:566)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:155)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:203)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:137)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:107)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:400)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:255)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:661)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:597)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1476)
Regards,
Phillip Routley

Worldview IT
Sydney, Australia
wvitpr

Postby jcompagner » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:15 pm

you are hitting a bug (that is not related to the chromium setting) but somehow pops up in certain workspaces (locally we can't reproduce this and how you should get to that state should not really be possible)
https://support.servoy.com/browse/SVY-13832

What you can do is take the update.zip: https://build.servoy.com/latest/servoy_ ... update.zip from here
zip this over your current installation (extract it in the \servoy\ dir (That has the application_server and developer dirs)
then starts the developer once through the command line with: servoy.exe -clean

that update is a zip on top of this RC release that should fix the general IE issue but also the issue of the null pointer in the preferences.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby wvitpr » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:46 pm

Thankyou!, that is so much better, forms loading well over 5. and form editor is much more responsive.. :D
Regards,
Phillip Routley

Worldview IT
Sydney, Australia
wvitpr

Postby jcompagner » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:54 pm

with chromium or with the standard browser (ie)?
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby wvitpr » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:19 am

jcompagner wrote:with chromium or with the standard browser (ie)?

The Chromium browser, opening of forms above 5 is fine now in both. But Chromium is more responsive..
Regards,
Phillip Routley

Worldview IT
Sydney, Australia
wvitpr

Postby s.liebig » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:44 am

Hey guys,
as you state in the changelog "WarExporter: license should now be given as 3 arguments: license.company_name , license.code and license.licenses".
For now we still use the smart client and deliver updates packed in a self-written setup, which installs it to the existing application-servers (and replaces some other files as well).
Every customer has a individual application-server running with a limited number of licenses for their use.
We are looking forward to take the next step, switching to NG-client in the near future.
As I understand, we would have to create one war-file for every customer, every time we publish a new update.
Is there a way to automate this export? As there are monthly updates, we would have to export and deliver 50+ individual updates every month.
For example, is it possible, to add the licenses from within a headless_client?
I think of a headless_client running as a batch processor calling an api returning the number of licenses, the code and the customer, to add to the application-server of our customers.
The headless_client retrieves the 3 parameters, adds them to the servoy.config and restarts the application server (this would have to be executed after the update itself).
Regards Dmitrij Wanscheid
HV-Office
s.liebig

Next

Return to Latest Releases