Servoy on G5

Release notes for Servoy betas

Servoy on G5

Postby Jan Aleman » Tue Jul 01, 2003 8:57 am

For those of you planning to buy Apple's new G5: Servoy has been tested on it and is compatible. It's also amazingly fast! You'll be surprised about the speed if you've been running Servoy on G4. We havn't done any timed tests but it felt even faster than a copy of Servoy running on a high end Wintel box.

http://www.servoy.com/gallery/os/servoy_on_g5
Jan Aleman
Servoy
Jan Aleman

Re: Servoy on G5

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 03, 2003 11:56 am

jaleman wrote:For those of you planning to buy Apple's new G5: Servoy has been tested on it and is compatible. It's also amazingly fast! You'll be surprised about the speed if you've been running Servoy on G4. We havn't done any timed tests but it felt even faster than a copy of Servoy running on a high end Wintel box.

http://www.servoy.com/gallery/os/servoy_on_g5

:roll: </html>

Postby david » Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:49 pm

Anyone running Servoy Server/Developer on a G5 in production? I'm looking to put Servoy on it's own box now and I'd rather get a G5 over a wintel box. I don't like surprises though and the G5 is only on it's first rev so I have a few doubts....

- david
david

It screams....

Postby edward » Tue Oct 07, 2003 5:12 pm

Having just taken delivery of a Dual G5, one of the first things I did was install Servoy. This took exactly 5 seconds. Launching Servoy for the first time and installing all the components took 70 seconds and from then on its just clean sailing.. I can't stress how fast this thing is compared to my 867 G4 - unbelievable!
Edward Callaghan
Servoy
edward

Postby david » Tue Oct 21, 2003 5:38 pm

I've had my dual G5 for a few days now. Wow -- it is FAST. Servoy runs like a dream. Only problem I've had so far is Timbuktu shuttting down all processes and logging the user out at random intervals when in use. I am definitely not complaining here. :P

- david
david

Return to Latest Releases