Java 1.4.1 for OS X is out

Release notes for Servoy betas

Java 1.4.1 for OS X is out

Postby david » Tue Sep 09, 2003 6:26 pm

Available via software update. I've put it on a couple of machines and so far things work. Servoy Server seems to run fine but it throws a bunch of stuff out in Terminal when clients connect.

Hopefully this update will help with some of the display and font issues with client.

- david
david

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 09, 2003 6:30 pm

I have found that java 1.4.1 has killed support for the command key (in Mac OS) it now requires that you use the ctrl key rather than the normal cmd F, cmd L, cmd J, cmd P etc.

Am I missing something?

Hasn't made a tremendous amount of difference to anything else that I can see (I still have my nullpointerexception error)

Postby Riccardino » Tue Sep 09, 2003 6:44 pm

Anonymous wrote:I have found that java 1.4.1 has killed support for the command key (in Mac OS) it now requires that you use the ctrl key rather than the normal cmd F, cmd L, cmd J, cmd P etc.

Am I missing something?

Hasn't made a tremendous amount of difference to anything else that I can see (I still have my nullpointerexception error)

I don't know if it's because I'm using Servoy 1.1.1b6 or the new Java update, but today I've been able to use cmd C and cmd V in Method Editor.
It also seems a little bit faster (except in scrolling windows using the arrows: if I do that, I've the impression of using a Mac Plus, instead of a G4 733) :wink:
Riccardino

Postby david » Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:50 pm

Small warning: the update reset to 1 the next number in all my auto-incrementing integer fields.
david

Postby david » Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:49 pm

There are SIGNIFICANT improvements with font handling and window drawing in Servoy client. What you make in Developer is what you get in Client now -- VERY nice. Even HTML labels that didn't print in the correct size is fixed.

You need to delete the old client and rebuild a new client to get these results. To delete Servoy Client, you have to delete the application AND the four to six files that are cached in the Java Web Start folder. Do a find for "servoy" and they will show up -- they have names like "ACservoy_client.jnlp", "ALservoy_client.jnlp", etc.

- david
david

Postby Bert » Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:56 am

david wrote:There are SIGNIFICANT improvements with font handling and window drawing in Servoy client. What you make in Developer is what you get in Client now -- VERY nice. Even HTML labels that didn't print in the correct size is fixed.

You need to delete the old client and rebuild a new client to get these results. To delete Servoy Client, you have to delete the application AND the four to six files that are cached in the Java Web Start folder. Do a find for "servoy" and they will show up -- they have names like "ACservoy_client.jnlp", "ALservoy_client.jnlp", etc.

- david

Hi David,
Wich version of Servoy do you use?

Thanks...
Bert de Graaff
ATB Software Servoy Developer manage your business anywhere
Bert

Postby david » Wed Sep 10, 2003 8:14 pm

Servoy 1.1

Oddly enough, there one thing that used to work that doesn't now. The text display of the label of border panels doesn't show up in client correctly (the font baseline is well below what it should be). Not sure if it's a Java 1.4.1 issue or if the error creeped in with 1.1 when they added the position and justification functionality to border panels.

I can't give any hard numbers, but speed on my low-end G3s is much improved with Servoy 1.1. Not sure if Java 1.4.1 helps with speed or not.

- david
david

Return to Latest Releases