Servoy 2.2rc3

Release notes for Servoy betas

Postby Jan Blok » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:34 pm

Rene wrote:
Are you sure you did update the server correctly? can you for example start a client from http://demo.servoy.com:8080/index.html ?

I can download the file completely but I can`t get connection to the repository. (this has probably something to do with our proxyserver)

Your server seems partially updated or something... copy a working Servoy lib dir contents ontop of the server lib dir and try again
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Postby jonttu- » Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:23 pm

Hello,

has there been some changes in handling the servoy.properties file format?

I noticed that after the developer update, my database connection rows have changed from:

Code: Select all
server.0.URL=jdbc\:mysql\://127.0.0.1/servoy_repository?characterEncoding=ISO8859_1

.. to:

Code: Select all
server.0.URL=jdbc\:mysql\://127.0.0.1/servoy_repository?characterEncoding\=ISO8859_1

There is one small but important difference - a backslash after "characterEncoding". This caused some very peculiar problems as I updated our Linux server just by copying the lib folder to the server. After adding the backslash to the jdbc url it worked.

PS. If you are wondering what the characterEncoding-parameter is - we need it in order to have some special characters display right. This might be a JDBC driver and/or MySQL issue.
jonttu-

Postby Jan Blok » Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:58 pm

You better not manually edit the property file (use the db serverpanel), when the properties are written it escapes any special char... making any second or more from '=' to '\='
TIP: use UTF8 encoding for your db
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Postby jonttu- » Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:02 pm

Jan Blok wrote:You better not manually edit the property file (use the db serverpanel), when the properties are written it escapes any special char... making any second or more from '=' to '\='
TIP: use UTF8 encoding for your db

1) I can't edit the server db connections any other way, because the fields in the admin panel are read-only.

2) Tried using UTF8 (well, that is the default encoding?) but things get really broken every time. This is a Red Hat Enterprise Linux server, MySQL 4.1, everything set up at UTF-8... Still no success. The same setup on Windows works fine with UTF-8. But in Linux server we get really weird error messages and behaviour. So, I will stick to latin1 for a while :)
jonttu-

Postby Jan Blok » Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:20 pm

jonttu- wrote:... I can't edit the server db connections any other way, because the fields in the admin panel are read-only...

In the edit -> preferences -> "db servers" in Servoy developer??
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Postby Rene » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:16 am

Hello Guys,

To let you know.

Just did a complete new install and no problem occured when connecting the clients.

With kind regards Rene
Rene

Postby jonttu- » Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:06 pm

Jan Blok wrote:
jonttu- wrote:... I can't edit the server db connections any other way, because the fields in the admin panel are read-only...

In the edit -> preferences -> "db servers" in Servoy developer??

It is a headless server in a machine room, without a monitor or keyboard... So I have to do all the configuration via SSH terminal connection or with a browser using the Servoy Administration panel.

Probably I could configure a remote X11 desktop, though. But IMHO it should be possible to administer the server without the need for a GUI.
jonttu-

Postby Jan Blok » Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:56 pm

Ah you are working on the server...it's on our todo to allow editting of servers
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Previous

Return to Latest Releases