Problem with insert on RC5

Release notes for Servoy betas

Problem with insert on RC5

Postby bubba » Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:23 am

Hi Guys:

I just installed the latst release. I made a new table and form in Oracle (very basic), and I tried to put a new record in an recieved this error.

com.servoy.j2db.persistence.RepositoryException: couldn't save oracle blob/clob, lob handler not found: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/servoy/j2db/dataprocessing/IOracleLobHandler couldn't save oracle blob/clob, lob handler not found: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/servoy/j2db/dataprocessing/IOracleLobHandler

What did I do? How do I fix it?

Thanks,
Lee Snover
bubba

Postby pbakker » Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:49 am

We had the same issue. I heared from Servoy it's fixed in the next RC/Final

Paul
pbakker

Postby bubba » Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:00 pm

pbakker wrote:We had the same issue. I heared from Servoy it's fixed in the next RC/Final

Paul

Paul:

Is that available? How can I "roll back" to a version that works? Never tried this before.

Regards,
Lee
bubba

Postby pbakker » Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:05 pm

I was told it's fixed in the next RC/final. Dunno what that will become available.

If you made a backup of the repository and server installation, you can restore the repository and installation and you're rollback. If you haven't made a backup, there's no way to roll back.

Note: the release notes of the Beta's and RC's explicitly say to make a backup first!

Paul
pbakker

Postby bubba » Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:18 pm

pbakker wrote:I was told it's fixed in the next RC/final. Dunno what that will become available.

If you made a backup of the repository and server installation, you can restore the repository and installation and you're rollback. If you haven't made a backup, there's no way to roll back.

Note: the release notes of the Beta's and RC's explicitly say to make a backup first!

Paul

Paul:

I believe you, but I'm a developer so I tend to avoid those notes. ;-) This is all just testing at the moment, so I'll live, but I hope they provide a fix soon. I guess I'll have to study up on backing up the repository.

Regards,
Lee
bubba

Postby pbakker » Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:21 pm

Good that I sounds credible :D

If you would develop on Sybase that comes with Servoy, the backup is simple: just copy the entire servoy directoy. If the upgrade is not satisfying, just copy it back and you're back in business.

Oracle? dunno about that. I've got myself a DBA for that :lol:

Paul
pbakker

Postby bubba » Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:45 pm

pbakker wrote:Good that I sounds credible :D

If you would develop on Sybase that comes with Servoy, the backup is simple: just copy the entire servoy directoy. If the upgrade is not satisfying, just copy it back and you're back in business.

Oracle? dunno about that. I've got myself a DBA for that :lol:

Paul

I'm an Oracle guy. I'll figure it out.

I'm also the chief cook, bottle washer and DBA. :)

How long do they usually take to posts fixes for things like this?

Regards,
Lee
bubba

Postby pbakker » Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:48 pm

Check the dates of the posts in the Latest Release section
pbakker

Return to Latest Releases