Servoy 2.2.1 Release Candidate 3

Release notes for Servoy betas

Servoy 2.2.1 Release Candidate 3

Postby Jan Blok » Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:33 am

We announce the immediate availability of Servoy 2.2.1 Release Candidate 3
NOTE: this is pre release SOFTWARE, use with caution and make BACKUPS before you start.

Make a backup of your current Servoy installation directory if you plan to upgrade or perform a clean installation into a new directory.

This version is available through auto update (or manual update via help menu -> check for new version)

Enhancements and fixes:
[new]-onAction called when clicking in non editable text/RTF Area
[new]-possibility to disable the datanotifies between clients in adminpage
[fix]-controller.invertRecords does not longer call onRecordCMD
[fix]-text disappearing bug (when getting notifications of other clients)
[fix]-javascript Date parsing fix.
[fix]-formatted/masked text fields can now be emptied (set to null, by clearing the field with spaces)
[fix]-controller.saveDate was not saving all editing records in some cenarios
[fix]-relations can now use globals from othes modules
[fix]-calculations fields in a portal that resides in a Listview refresh issue
[fix]-fileOpenDialog returned the start path when clicking cancel, it returns null now.
[fix]-PropertyEditor improvements for java beans

Previous build info

*editted-21/9/05 "htmlarea"->"textarea"
Last edited by Jan Blok on Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Action on non-editable HTML/RTF fields

Postby Morley » Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:57 pm

Actions are supported on Text Area and RTF fields only. Actions fail to trigger on non-editable HTML Area fields.
Morley Chalmers
7Office Inc.
Morley

Postby Jan Blok » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:05 am

correct, small mistake in the post, html areas support working links when non editable.
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Postby Morley » Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:00 pm

Jan Blok wrote:correct, small mistake in the post, html areas support working links when non editable.
I don't quite follow. HTML areas will stay the way they are, no support for actions on non-editable fields? Or in a forthcoming version support for actions on non-editable HTML area fields will be enabled?
Morley Chalmers
7Office Inc.
Morley

Postby patrick » Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:45 pm

I think Jan means that clicking on links inside the HTML is supported when the HTML field is non editable. If that is supported, regular actions cannot be supported. Or what should happen then if a user clicks on a link? The action or the calling of a link?
patrick

Postby Morley » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:07 pm

patrick wrote:I think Jan means that clicking on links inside the HTML is supported when the HTML field is non editable. If that is supported, regular actions cannot be supported. Or what should happen then if a user clicks on a link? The action or the calling of a link?
What a pain! Not what's needed, not in the least.

I'm giving my users an HTML area field in which they can prepare their marketing eMails. Well and fine so far. However I'm also giving them a non-editable "thumbnail" where they can review what's been sent to this or that person. Click on the non-editable thumbnail to view and edit the whole of it and get some additional buttons on a formInDialogue.

Why not just give them a separate "review & edit" button, you ask? For consistency. Elsewhere I'm using Text area and RTF area fields with non-editable thumbnails which act like giant buttons but look editable. A large enough "thumbnail" to identify whether this is the item wanted. Because it looks like a field, clicking on it is a natural instinct and when clicking a FID appears giving them not only editing tools but also additional buttons.

There surely must be a way to detect whether the user has clicked on an internal URL within the HTML area field or on just plain text or a blank area, and respond accordingly.

Elsewhere on Servoy Talk there's been some talk about non-functions of HTML area fields. The centre text tool doesn't work with HTML areas (but does with text and RTF areas). Someone else has pointed out some of the other tools sometimes work, sometimes not.

Something else to discuss next week at Servoy World.
Morley Chalmers
7Office Inc.
Morley

Postby Jan Blok » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:37 pm

Morley wrote:What a pain! Not what's needed, not in the least.

It has Always bin this way, textarea and rtfarea are the only ones changed on your request.
Display the the html on a Label to have the effect you want...
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Postby patrick » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:25 pm

What a pain! Not what's needed, not in the least.

Sorry, Morley, I can't follow: It's not what YOU need.

Why not just give them a separate "review & edit" button, you ask? For consistency.

That's YOUR design and I am not saying that anything is wrong with that. But on the other hand you can't expect an application to do everything that is needed in YOUR situation.

There surely must be a way to detect whether the user has clicked on an internal URL within the HTML area field or on just plain text or a blank area, and respond accordingly.

I guess there is. So just move that post to the feature request section.
patrick

Postby Morley » Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:29 pm

Jan Blok wrote:
Morley wrote:What a pain! Not what's needed, not in the least.

It has Always bin this way, textarea and rtfarea are the only ones changed on your request.
Display the the html on a Label to have the effect you want...
Excellent. Forgot a label can have a data provider. Much thanks.
Morley Chalmers
7Office Inc.
Morley

Upgrading a laptop to 2.2.1

Postby Morley » Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:41 pm

I'm preparing my laptop to bring to Servoy World. It hasn't run Servoy in quite a while. I've run it through the automatic updates and have also downloaded the beta installer from the developer website. This has brought it up to 2.1.1 build 313. Meanwhile my actual development environment is currently running 2.2.1rc3 build 332.

Not sure whether it matters but I'd prefer to be running the identical build when I arrive in Amsterdam. How do I move this laptop up?

Appreciated.
Morley Chalmers
7Office Inc.
Morley

Postby grahamg » Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:05 pm

Have you tried using Help / Check for new Version ? This should work you through the updates as they are incremental

Graham Greensall
Worxinfo Ltd
grahamg

Postby Morley » Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:25 pm

grahamg wrote:Have you tried using Help / Check for new Version ? This should work you through the updates as they are incremental
Identical sound the computer makes when jumping to a new website, then nothing, no feedback.
Morley Chalmers
7Office Inc.
Morley

ctrl double click on form / element actions

Postby Thunder » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:54 pm

Hi

Have just upgraded to rc3 and found that ctrl clicking on an onaction method in the properties pane no longer opens that method in the method editor. Am I alone with this problem, or has something been changed?

That was an incredibly useful feature that I'm lost without.....

OS X 10.4.2, java 1.4.2 and 1.5 (originally thought it was a java 1.5 problem as I upgraded servoy and switched Java versions at the same time but it happens in 1.42 as well..)

grateful for any help
Thunder

Re: ctrl double click on form / element actions

Postby Karel Broer » Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:16 pm

Have just upgraded to rc3 and found that ctrl clicking on an onaction method in the properties pane no longer opens that method in the method editor

That's really strange! CNTRL-clicking on an onAction method with OS X didn't work UNTIL 2.2.1rc3...
On my machine it does works fine now...

Servoy Developer
Version R2 2.2.1rc3-build 332
Java version 1.4.2-54 (Mac OS X 10.4.2, G5, 1,25 Gb RAM)
Karel Broer
ServoyCamp - http://www.servoycamp.com
Karel Broer

Postby grahamg » Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:21 pm

Must be one of them Mac-things :)

Ctrl-click works fine on WinXP - and thanks for the tip - I'd forgotten about this little gem

Graham Greensall
Worxinfo Ltd

Version R2 2.2.1rc3-build 332
Java version 1.5.0_02-b09 (Windows XP)
grahamg

Next

Return to Latest Releases