Version 2.2b2?

Release notes for Servoy betas

Version 2.2b2?

Postby Cain » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:22 pm

I have a client who is using version 2.2b2.

They don't want to invest in the debugging and development to take them to even the final version of 2.2, let alone come up to the current version. Sad

They do, however, want me to do a few minor "tweaks" to their solution. Thing is, I no longer have 2.2b2 installed on my machine.

Is there somewhere that I can download version 2.2b2? Otherwise, does someone have it who could send it to me?
Cain

Postby Harry Catharell » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:32 pm

Hi Chris,

Hope everything is fine with you and yours !

Does the client's server have developer installed on it ?

If so, could you use their machine which I assume is running 2.2.2 to make the tweaks ?

Cheers
Harry
Harry Catharell

Postby Cain » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:42 pm

I'm afraid it may come to that, but I'm hoping now. Their running Linux and are about 2 hours away from me. I'm guessing their tweaks will take no more than an hour or so, so I hate to put four hours of travel into so small a gig.

With Mac or PC, I could get to their desktop and work from here, but I don't know how to do that w/ Linux on their end. Could be a possiblity if someone knows of a utility for remote access to a linux machine from a mac or pc, though. Anyone?
Cain

Postby ngervasi » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:33 pm

Cain wrote:Could be a possiblity if someone knows of a utility for remote access to a linux machine from a mac or pc, though. Anyone?

VNC.
If they are using a standard install of SUSE or RedHat or another big distro it comes preinstalled. As a client you can use VNC Chicken on MacOS or one of the myriads of VNC clients on windows.
You need to access the port 5900 of the linux server from your client but if the port is closed you can use an SSH tunnell (if you have an ssh account on the server), take a look at SSH Tunnell Manager (MacOS).
If you need further help just ask, I use this strategy with remote customers and it works like a charm.
Nicola Gervasi
sintpro.com
SAN Partner
ngervasi

Postby Jan Aleman » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:32 pm

Additionally if you have ssh access to that box you can essentially do anything by tunnelling through ssh, but that is not for the faint of heart!

If you can copy files from that box you can also copy the lib, plugins and beans dir over to your machine and stick those on a 2.2 final.
Jan Aleman
Servoy
Jan Aleman

Postby Cain » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:51 pm

I confess... I'm a bit faint of heart.

The file copy or the VNC will surely work out.

Are there no old copies in an archive somewhere, though? That would still be the best outcome, if it's at all possible.
Cain

Postby grahamg » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:10 am

Hi Chris

Just re-loaded an old download and have found Version R2 2.2.2-build 334.

If this is the version you need email me and I'll put it on my Server for you.

All the best

Graham Greensall
Worxinfo Ltd
grahamg

Postby Cain » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:20 am

Thanks, Graham, but they're on build 316.
Cain

Return to Latest Releases