updating aggregations

Release notes for Servoy betas

updating aggregations

Postby rodneysieb » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:55 am

Hi all

coming from a FMP world i am used to updating a record through a portal and seeing it recalculate everywhere else it is related to (to the great cost cost of reporting times, however)

I need to understand better how aggregations are updated in servoy? an example of a database with invoices to line items to inventory schema.

The aggregation resides in the line items table and can be viewed via relationship by either invoices or inventory, right? If i change a lineitem record (through a portal for instance) in the invoices table this will update the aggregation by this relationship, fine.

What it doesn't seem to be doing is automatically upgrading the aggregation via the related inventory record unless i visit the record in the inventory table, then it will recalculate

I am currently getting around this by forcing a save record on data change of the line item and loading the related inventory values into variables thus forcing the calculation and updating. This is quickly becoming a pain in the ass programming for every possible option and slowing the database.

Am i doing this right by forcing the updates or is their a smarter way of recalculating the aggregations for related tables.?
Regards,
Rodney Siebenhausen

logic@work
Brisbane, Australia
rodneysieb

Postby Jan Blok » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:45 pm

Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Return to Latest Releases