databaseManager.setAutoSave(false): how does it work?

Release notes for Servoy betas

databaseManager.setAutoSave(false): how does it work?

Postby rioba » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:13 am

I tried to use databaseManager.setAutoSave(false) in rc2 running on MacOS X 10.4.7, but I could not understand how it works.

I put it in a start up method for the application, however records were still saved without issuing any saveData command.

I then set auto save to false in an on load method, but records continued to be saved.

Anybody could explain to me how to set auto save to false and make it work?
rioba

Postby IT2Be » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:52 am

I haven't used it (yet) but from what I read in the sample you should be able to use it like you do. What happens when you call it onRecordSelect? Just to see what happens... Are you sure you never trigger a commit or saveData()?

Don't know if it is applicable here but controller.saveData() does exactly the same as databaseManager.saveData(). In fact the last is better in its place since the first also saves ALL data and not only that of the frontmost controller.
Marcel J.G. Trapman (IT2BE)
SAN partner - Freelance Java and Servoy
Servoy Components - IT2BE Plug-ins and Beans for Servoy
ServoyForge - Open Source Components for Servoy
IT2Be
Servoy Expert

Postby amcgilly » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:53 pm

I'm also finding that setAutoSave(false) isn't working as advertised, and I've uploaded a sample solution to the support system demonstrating the problem. Also having problems with onRecordSave event - have reported that too.
Adrian McGilly
Servoy Developer

amcgilly

Return to Latest Releases