Servoy 3.0 Release Candidate 4

Release notes for Servoy betas

Postby Jan Blok » Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:40 pm

chartpacs wrote:..In the tab sequence editor, after selecting an element(s), would it be possible to double-click it to move it to the other column?

Will work in Servoy 3.0 rc5
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Postby pbakker » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:35 pm

In the WC, when you have a solution with logon required and you use your own login form, the user is first presented with Servoy's login, then your custom login form. As far as I can see, Servoy's login form doens't actually log in the user in this case.

In both the WC and the SC: when a user has logged in and then closes his solution and tries to open a solution again which requires login, the security.login will fail, because he is still logged in.

Programatically working around this by checking if allready logged in has the undersired sideeffect that you're thrown out of the solution you try to open and are presented with the solution open dialog again and the other option (not loggin in when allready logged in) also won't work, because you will not get passed the login form.

So, in short: When the user is allready logged in: Can the custom login form be skipped and can Servoys login form be skipped if a custom login form is setup in the WebClient?

Paul
pbakker

Postby SteveInLA » Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:48 pm

I am sorry if this has been covered, but I am just now getting to testing 3.0. So far, I am having many problems, but before I go into them I need something explained. Under each form in the Navigator panel of the Editor, I used to have a list of function groups called controller, elements, selectedrecord, foundset and relations. Now, foundset is gone. Where did it go?
SteveInLA

Postby pbakker » Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:50 pm

Sounds like one of the developer filters is on.... This will hide/show more advanced functions

Paul
pbakker

Postby SteveInLA » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:15 pm

Ok. That was it. "Advanced Filter" needed to be chosen, once I found where that was (Editor Menu Bar - "View>Advanced filter"). Now that I have that back, I can keep troubleshooting. Just in case someone has encountered my problems, I describe them briefly.

1. Running J2SE 1.4.2 on Mac or PC producing a novel of errors in the startup_log.txt, most of which reference errors in something called Catalina, related to apache. This is new for 3.0. All errors in the log disappear if I user J2SE 5.0, but J2SE 5.0 give me other problems, such as...

2. I use HTML code placed into HTML_AREA fields to do most of my reporting. For the headers of lists in a report, I make a table with a border of 0 and a black background color that contains white text. Under J2SE 14.2_08, everything works nicely, but under J2SE 5.0 the black background does not appear unless I give the table a 1 pixel border, which looks terrible. I submitted a report to Servoy support, but I never heard of any solution. This happens in 2.2.5 and in 3.0.

3. I am using the dbtreeview bean for navigation in my solution. On startup or after coming out of Layout mode, a method tries to select a particular node by passing
Code: Select all
forms.<formname>.elements.<dbtreeview bean element>.selectionPath = someArrayOfPKs

which results in
Code: Select all
WrappedException of org.mozilla.javascript.JavaScriptException: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String

This is what I am working on now, and I am trying to see if there might be something wrong with the arrayed values I am passing. It doesn't look like it, and this error does not always occur. This is new in 3.0.
SteveInLA

Postby chartpacs » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:21 am

When setting the text property of a button (not a label) dynamically, the font style doesn't seem to be honored. My default button style is "font: 11pt Verdana". When filling in the text property statically, it appears in Verdana, but if I set it dynamically, it reverts to whatever the default font style is.
Regards,
Servoy Developer
Version 3.1 beta2-build 401
Java version 1.5.0_06-64, Mac OS X 10.4.8
chartpacs

Postby IT2Be » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:27 am

Question: Can all posters that start a new issue/thread when they have something else to report than what the original post was about?

I follow this thread but it has become a source of 'irretrieveble' information for others (or should I say me :) ).
Marcel J.G. Trapman (IT2BE)
SAN partner - Freelance Java and Servoy
Servoy Components - IT2BE Plug-ins and Beans for Servoy
ServoyForge - Open Source Components for Servoy
IT2Be
Servoy Expert

Postby pbakker » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:17 am

If you have set a login form in the solution settings, you cannot set it back to none. You can select "none", but this setting is not saved. It is possible though to set it to another form. Whether or not the solution requires login has no effect on this.

Paul
pbakker

Postby Jan Blok » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:19 pm

pbakker wrote:If you have set a login form in the solution settings, you cannot set it back to none. You can select "none", but this setting is not saved. It is possible though to set it to another form. Whether or not the solution requires login has no effect on this.

Will be fixed in Servoy 3.0 rc5
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Postby Jan Blok » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:32 pm

SteveInLA wrote:1. Running J2SE 1.4.2 on Mac or PC producing a novel of errors in the startup_log.txt, most of which reference errors in something called Catalina, related to apache. This is new for 3.0. All errors in the log disappear if I user J2SE 5.0, but J2SE 5.0 give me other problems, such as...

2. I use HTML code placed into HTML_AREA fields to do most of my reporting. For the headers of lists in a report, I make a table with a border of 0 and a black background color that contains white text. Under J2SE 14.2_08, everything works nicely, but under J2SE 5.0 the black background does not appear unless I give the table a 1 pixel border, which looks terrible. I submitted a report to Servoy support, but I never heard of any solution. This happens in 2.2.5 and in 3.0.

3. I am using the dbtreeview bean for navigation in my solution. On startup or after coming out of Layout mode, a method tries to select a particular node by passing

1) catalina seems to try to store a client sometimes, which it cannot , you can ignore these messages (we will try to hide them)
2) SUN did some update on the Java html browser component which was not all for the better.
3) please provide sample solution via support system, we cannot reproduce this
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Postby Jan Blok » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:34 pm

Login form problems will be fixed in rc5
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Postby SteveInLA » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:29 pm

2) SUN did some update on the Java html browser component which was not all for the better.

Do I continue to be limited to using 1.4.2_08 then? How soon before that becomes a bigger problem? Already I have clients asking why they can't upgrade to the latest version of Java.
SteveInLA

Postby Jan Blok » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:32 pm

Are you sure you do comply with html3.2/css1.0? if so and the same happens , you can try to use a html browser bean like the once offered by:
1) http://www.cybersack.com
2) http://www.icesoft.com/
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Postby Harjo » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:53 pm

icesoft? that's a bit weird info

No one (even Servoy itself) could not make the bean work in Servoy, because of internal conflicts (Servoy help is using the same components?)

the browser-bean of Cybersack has still problems with MAC OSX.
Harjo Kompagnie
ServoyCamp
Servoy Certified Developer
Servoy Valued Professional
SAN Developer
Harjo

Postby SteveInLA » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:50 am

Kudos to Bob Cusick for providing me with a solution to the html table problem. Apparently in this case, Java 1.5 ignores the table bgcolor, but accepts a table row bgcolor. I will need to change a bunch of my code, but my reports are saved and I can move up to Java 1.5.
SteveInLA

PreviousNext

Return to Latest Releases