Primary key errors

Release notes for Servoy betas

Primary key errors

Postby mpwiedemann » Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:03 pm

Hello all,

Using Servoy 1.2 rc9 on WinXP w/ MS-SQL2000 as repository. We keep getting PK errors such as :

java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC][SQLServer]Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK_servoy_uuids'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'servoy_uuids'.

We also get the same sorts of errors in the Servoy_Elements table when attempting to add elements to a form.

Thanks in advance,
Martin
mpwiedemann

Postby Jan Blok » Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:00 pm

This seems quite unlikly to us this happens out of the blue...did you do anything in the servoy_XXXX tables yourself?
When did/does this happen?
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:06 pm

Only the upgrade to 1.2 rc9

Postby david » Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:15 pm

I *think* something similar has happened to me. It's hard to tell because I just fixed the problem and didn't delve to deep into the reasons. But it was just after installing a new version over an older version and some of the tables in a solution with a connection to MySQL lost their primary key sequence. You'll have to search for the highest current pk value and reset your pk incrementation accordingly.

The next time I upgrade my production server, I am going to export all of my solutions, do a clean install, recreate all custom data connections, and then import the solutions.

- david
david

Postby Jan Blok » Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:59 pm

Anonymous wrote:Only the upgrade to 1.2 rc9
Seems very unlikly to us, so many upgraded there repository...
...tables in a solution with a connection to MySQL lost their primary key sequence...
Is not related to a repository update.

But is it possible for us to get a db dump/db backup of that repository?
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Postby david » Tue Nov 25, 2003 12:09 am

In my case, it has been several months since it has happened so no old backups left. I did have it happen a number of times though so I'll try to be aware of the situation if it comes up again.

- david
david

Return to Latest Releases