Deployment of Servoy solutions

Questions and answers for all installation-related topics for Servoy products

Deployment of Servoy solutions

Postby TonyK » Fri May 06, 2011 4:18 pm

Hi,

I come from a Foxpro background and I'm used to having deployed my application using a standard setup.exe. Whilst I'm not at this stage yet, I'm wondering how I will roll-out my Servoy application as it is likely that it will need to be done on-site.
It would appear that it could be a slightly more involved process, installing the Java runtime, Servoy Application Server and importing the solution.

Our current product, a telephone call logging system, is generally installed by a 3rd Party and so I need to keep the installation process as simple as possible.

Can someone recommend a methodology?

Kind regards,

Tony
TonyK

Re: Deployment of Servoy solutions

Postby sbutler » Mon May 09, 2011 10:10 pm

You can create an "all in one" installer if you would like. There are many free and commercial tools to build an installer. you could use something like Vise, IzPack, and more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_in ... n_software

You basically install java, install the database, instal the app server, install the windows service to start database and app server, install the solution (by automating an import, or replace the repository server). It can be done, but is a bit of work :)
Scott Butler
iTech Professionals, Inc.
SAN Partner

Servoy Consulting & Development
Servoy University- Training Videos
Servoy Components- Plugins, Beans, and Web Components
Servoy Guy- Tips & Resources
ServoyForge- Open Source Components
sbutler
Servoy Expert

Postby TonyK » Fri May 13, 2011 11:01 am

Thanks. I guess the 'how' will depend on which of the installers we used.

However, I'm fairly new to Servoy and Postgres, so I'm not familiar which automating the installation of a database or importing a solution. Any there any guides on these topics that you konw of?

I'll do some searches and experiment a bit.

Tony
TonyK

Postby rogel » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:21 am

TonyK wrote:Thanks. I guess the 'how' will depend on which of the installers we used.

However, I'm fairly new to Servoy and Postgres, so I'm not familiar which automating the installation of a database or importing a solution. Any there any guides on these topics that you konw of?

I'll do some searches and experiment a bit.

Tony

Hi Tony,

How did you go along with your installer? Which "packager" did you use? I do also have a similar task. I would appreciate your inputs.

Thanks!
rogel

Return to Installation