tech and legal stuff

Questions and answers for all installation-related topics for Servoy products

tech and legal stuff

Postby mic » Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:39 pm

Supose i wish to build a front-end to a mysql db. Suppose i wish to use this only from one computer, the one over which is installed the db.

1. Do i need to buy both a server and the client (to use it) and the developer (to build it)?
2. Could i buy just the developer version and use it both to build and to use the front-end?
3. Could i (is it legal) use the trial version - if it doesn't bother me that i must reload it every one hour because it disconnects??

thanks
mic
mic

Postby edward » Wed Jan 28, 2004 12:18 pm

1. Do i need to buy both a server and the client (to use it) and the developer (to build it)?
2. Could i buy just the developer version and use it both to build and to use the front-end?
3. Could i (is it legal) use the trial version - if it doesn't bother me that i must reload it every one hour because it disconnects??

Mic
1. Developer to build, Client to use, Server licenses are included in the cost of both
2. You can use Developer to build and test. It includes a Client but that client is for testing/development only
3. It is not legal to use the evaluation version for purposes other than evaluation

HTH
Edward Callaghan
Servoy
edward

Return to Installation