Server Config Error

Questions and answers for all installation-related topics for Servoy products

Server Config Error

Postby rochard » Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:03 am

I am having difficulty setting up a new server. The database that I am trying to connect to is local and is an MSSQL Server2000 one. In 'Application Preferences' I use 'Auto SetUp Server' and select MS SQL. I then enter the following information:

Server name = local_bonotel (the name of the database)
User name = sa
Password =
Database Server URL = jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://localhost 1433;DatabaseName=local_bonotel;SelectMethod=cursor.
Driver = com.microsoft.jdbs.base.BaseDriver selected from pop-up list
Catalog = none
Schema = none

I then click on Ok and one of two things happens; the first is that nothing happens at all - the second is that I get an error message saying 'Cannot set up server' and the detail message is saying that the above driver not found in classpath or drivers directory. I checked the drivers directory and found the following:

Mssqlserver
Mysql
Msbase
Msutil
Postgressql

Any help or suggestions will be gratefully received. TIA.[/quote]
Michael Rochard
rochard

Postby david » Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:31 am

This Servoy magazine article should be very helpful:

http://www.servoymagazine.com/modules.p ... cle&sid=11

- david
david

Postby rochard » Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:35 pm

The article is great and I am following the steps religiously however I still get 'Creating Server and Trying to Connect' flashing quickly when I press 'OK' and nothing else happens, especially the server not being created. I checked that SQL Server was set to use TCPIP and the local port of 1433.

Not sure if this is relevant but I just thought I would try and exit Servoy and go back in. I get an error message 'Cannot save solution' with the following detail message:

java.lang.NullPointerException

If I click OK and then relaunch Servoy all of the servers that I previously deleted are back. :(
Michael Rochard
rochard

SQL Exception

Postby rochard » Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:20 pm

Launching the MSDOS batch file app, I get the following message(s)

START

Looking for servoy.properies on C:\Documents and Settings\Michael Rochard\servoy.properties
Loading servoy.properties from C:\Program Files\Servoy\servoy.properties - Fail (not found)
Looking for servoy.properies on C:\Documents and Settings\Michael Rochard\servoy.properties
Loading servoy.properties from C:\Program Files\Servoy\servoy.properties - Done
Java.sql.SQLException: connection already closed or transaction in progress
Starting service Tomcat-Standalone
Apache Tomcat 4.0.1
Starting service Tomcat-Apache
Apache Tomcat/4.0.1
Java.sql.SQLException: connection already closed or transaction in progress

Does anybody have any idea what this SQLException means or how to correct it. It seems that this is the cause for not being able to set up servers. TIA.
Michael Rochard
rochard

Postby sebster » Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:16 pm

Hi, can you run Servoy and mail the .log.txt file which should be created in the Servoy directory, to svanerk@servoy.com? Then I can see exactly where the problem occurs and try to solve the problem for you.
Sebastiaan van Erk
Servoy
sebster

Return to Installation