1.2final->2.0b6 upgrade trashing repository(MySQL)

Questions and answers for all installation-related topics for Servoy products

1.2final->2.0b6 upgrade trashing repository(MySQL)

Postby Neale » Wed Mar 10, 2004 6:41 am

Just when things were looking hopeful...

After installing Servoy 2.0b6 over 1.2final the first run of Servoy offers to upgrade the repository (as expected):

Code: Select all
Loading servoy.properties from /home/neale/servoy.properties - Done
com.servoy.j2db.persistence.RepositoryException: Old repository found in the database. Repository version: 19, software version: 20. Upgrade the repository first.

Unfortunately, this didn't work so well:

com.servoy.j2db.persistence.RepositoryException: java.sql.SQLException: Syntax error or access violation,  message from server: "You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '.r_all' at line 1"

Neither did a subsequent attempt to run Servoy:

com.servoy.j2db.persistence.RepositoryException: Old repository found in the database. Repository version: 19, software version: 20. Upgrade the repository first.
java.sql.SQLException: connection already closed or transaction in progress
com.servoy.j2db.persistence.RepositoryException: A column on table servoy_releases/server repository_server with name release_number already exists

FWIW, this was with Connector/J 3.0.9 and upgrading to Connector/J 3.0.11 didn't help.

Yeah, zapping the repository does "fix" this, but I'd rather not do that to my workstation too. Obviously 2.0b6 isn't the endgame here, just the stepping-stone to 2.0rc<latest>.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Neale.
Neale

Postby Jan Blok » Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:57 am

Can you sent use the .log.txt after Servoy failed to load the repository?
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Postby Neale » Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:37 am

Jan Blok wrote:Can you sent use the .log.txt after Servoy failed to load the repository?

OK, I should be able to arrange that tomorrow.

Where do I expect to find it? Is there anything I need to do to get this file (expecially with respect to writable fiels/directories)?

Thanks,
Neale.
Neale

Postby Jan Blok » Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:48 am

Neale wrote:Where do I expect to find it? Is there anything I need to do to get this file (expecially with respect to writable fiels/directories)?

Is found in the install dir. root of Servoy, no is created to log errors
BTW add:
wantsBetaCodeNotifies=true
to your property file as last line before you start servoy, when starting you recieve about 3 differrent updates until you have Servoy 2.0 rc9
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Postby Neale » Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:35 am

Hmmm... no .log.txt files to be found, anywhere (apart from localhost_log.2004-03-10.txt and catalina_log.2004-03-10.txt in /usr/local/servoy/servoy/logs/, which get created after this problem - i.e. just tripping over the repository isn't sufficient to create them for today).

Here's some hopefully relevant snippage from the mysql log:

alter table servoy_media add column is_meta_media INTEGER
commitSET autocommit=0
update servoy_releases set release_number = release
drop index r_all
rollback
SET autocommit=0
update servoy_releases set release_number = release
drop index servoy_releases.r_all
rollback
rollback
rollback

That "drop index servoy_releases.r_all" is the only instance of ".r_all" I can locate in the logs (several times, but the same).

I'll try from a fresh repository, with the upgrade to 2.0rc as suggested. Hopefully my workstation won't have this problem as, by an accident of history, its repository is in postgresql (but yes, I will back it up first!).

Thanks,
Neale.
Neale

Postby Jan Blok » Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:04 pm

We found the problem...
The ANSI sql for drop an index in a database is:
DROP INDEX [tablename.]index_name

but mysql wants:
DROP INDEX index_name ON tbl_name

Which is quite different and also our dbdependent layer does not take this in account.
We will provide a fix.
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Return to Installation