Server Install Problem: Login Failed

Questions and answers for all installation-related topics for Servoy products

Server Install Problem: Login Failed

Postby swingman » Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:35 pm

Trying to set up Servoy Server on Mac OS X 10.2.6 at a client to prepare for our first Servoy deployment :-)

We developed using the latest 2.0RC releases, so I'm trying to install the latest beta. We are going to use single Servoy client to edit website content.

The machine has Java 1.4.1. You apparently need 10.3.x to run 1.4.2.

Could not get into Tools-->Security without loading a solution (menu grayed out), so loaded the CRM solution and went into Tools-->Security and set up a user in the administrator group. After this I can no longer get into Security (Login Failed) and have a similar problem trying to access

http://[myipaddress goes here]:8080/servoy-admin/

with Safari. The password box just keeps popping up.

in IE I get a message from Apache Tomcat 4.0.1: HTTP Status 401 - Unauthorised.

Any ideas?
swingman

Postby Jan Aleman » Fri Mar 19, 2004 1:01 am

It should work fine with 10.2.6

I do know that if you press the UPDATE button on the security screen, it will also update your password to [nothing]. Notice that it's in it's own pane. We're looking into improving that.

If you have everything running well on a different mac you could consider copying that folder onto the destination mac.
Jan Aleman
Servoy
Jan Aleman

Postby Jan Aleman » Fri Mar 19, 2004 4:33 pm

correction on my previous post. The password is not updated to nothing since 2.0 builds, it will warn you for that. Are you sure you haven't made a typo while entering the password? Caps lock?
We are working on a double entry check for the password as well.
Jan Aleman
Servoy
Jan Aleman

Postby swingman » Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:26 pm

After it happened the first time I added 3 different admin users with different passwords, to have some more options to try, but I had no luck with any of them.

There is one complication though:

I'm working on the computer remotely using Timbutu 7, and there could possibly be a bug in Timuktu causing this to happen.

I will try as you suggested earlier; to install and set the whole thing up here and then copy the whole folder to the remote machine and then restart.
swingman

Postby swingman » Sun Mar 21, 2004 5:21 pm

I now have Servoy server running on Mac OS X - I copied my own installation across.

Next problem: How to get the server to automatically start up. I just spotted an existing topic about this so I will post my question there.
swingman

Return to Installation