Subversion/Subversive

Questions and answers for all installation-related topics for Servoy products

Subversion/Subversive

Postby ellenmeserow » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:36 am

A colleague of mine has lost his Subversion tools in eclipse. It happens each time he upgrades his Servoy version. Doesn't happen to me, but I am watching his computer and we can't seem to fix it. When you go to Servoy Preferences, there is no SVN node in Team. And SVN Repository Exploring Perspective is not available, though Team Synchronizing is.

Unfortunately, we work behind an aggressive firewall and are unable to just install from scratch again at this time (the download site is blocked and we're waiting for the IT administration to process a five page form to correct this).

Any other ideas what might be wrong? His developer/features folder contains the same items as mine, but his installation is mucked up.

Thanks in advance...
ellen escarcega (formerly meserow)
meserow design
Servoy 2019 9
MSSQL 2017
Windows AWS Servers
ellenmeserow

Re: Subversion/Subversive

Postby jcompagner » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:08 pm

so he has a working installation of say Servoy 6.0.2 including the subversive plugin,
then he upgrades to 6.0.3 through just the upgrade process of Servoy/Eclipse itself and then he looses the subversive plugin completely?
In Help->About and then Installed Software or Plugins tab you don't see any plugin of subversive anymore?
That would be very weird, i have no idea what that could be because that is nothing of servoy itself, its just default eclipse upgrade.

What does he do after that? go to the subversive update site to install that again?
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby ellenmeserow » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:11 pm

Sort of. He did have a working installation of 5.2.2 and he upgraded to 5.2.11 and looses access to parts of the Subversive plugin. I btw did the same thing and it didn't happen. His 5.2.11 installation has partial subversive access -- not totally gone. He can get to SVN Repository Browsing, but not team synchro and not the SVN node of the preferences. We've compared our installations on the drive as well, and they seem the same. Specifically Servoy\developer\features\ has the same svn.team files in both. I'm not sure this is a Servoy problem either, but we are stuck so I thought I'd ask the forum...
ellen escarcega (formerly meserow)
meserow design
Servoy 2019 9
MSSQL 2017
Windows AWS Servers
ellenmeserow

Postby thasan5332 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:50 pm

I've upgraded my installation of 5.2.2 to 5.2.11, and subversion no longer works. I uninstalled 5.2.11 using the uninstaller.jar and rebooted. Once I re-installed 5.2.11, I tried to re-install subversion, but got a message saying it was already installed. Subversion is not accessible in the perspectives, nor is it anywhere to be found in Preferences/Team. How do I go about fixing this??
Tamir Hasan
King County: Wastewater Treatment Division
Servoy 5.2.11
MSSQL 2005
Windows 2003 Server
thasan5332

Postby jcompagner » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:25 am

Maybe you can try subclipse instead then, i don't think there should be any part of subversive installed in a clean install, as far as i know we don't ship that.
You could look into what is really installed in Help-About and so on.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Return to Installation