Spinning pizza of death

Questions and answers for all installation-related topics for Servoy products

Spinning pizza of death

Postby djlapin » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:04 am

I've been working on a form script today that has perhaps 2400 lines of code (includes spacing). This is the sixth or seventh time I've had to force quit out of Servoy, because the spinning pizza of death comes up while I am moving things around. Seemingly at random, not even while I'm typing anything. I've re-booted, to no avail. I'm having to save after every individual edit to avoid losing my work.

Has anyone else had this experience?

Mac OS 10.6.8 / Servoy 5.2.11

Thank you,
Don
djlapin

Re: Spinning pizza of death

Postby ROCLASI » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:11 am

Hi Don,

How large is your solution ? Do you get the spinning wheel when you save your changes or does it already happen when you just edit things.
Robert Ivens
SAN Developer / Servoy Valued Professional / Servoy Certified Developer

ROCLASI Software Solutions / JBS Group, Partner
Mastodon: @roclasi
--
ServoyForge - Building Open Source Software.
PostgreSQL - The world's most advanced open source database.
ROCLASI
Servoy Expert

Postby djlapin » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:58 am

Hi Robert,

The most recent .servoy export is 1.6 MB, including maybe 2000 example records (no indexes). Is that what you are asking?

The problem happened today when I was in the middle of edits, but not while I was actively doing anything that I can remember. Definitely not after issuing a save command.

Thank you,
Don
djlapin

Postby mboegem » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:04 am

Don, which version of java do you use?

[EDIT] this might be related to this: http://forum.servoy.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17252&start=15
mboegem

Postby djlapin » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:00 am

Hi Mark,

Thanks for pointing me to that thread. I have been running the 1.6.0_29 discussed there. The crash has happened two or three more times today.

The only thing I've been able to observe with the 1.6.0_29 installed it that it appears to happen when editing a relatively long method (e.g., the 2400 lines), with more than one editor open (an upper and a lower section of the same method). It may have some relation to being about to paste several lines from one section into another section of the same method.

However, I installed the 1.6.0_26 version; doing so cleared up the other problem with the gray Smart Client. I will see whether it helps with this problem, as well.

Thank you,
Don
djlapin

Return to Installation