connecting to SQL classpath

Questions and answers for all installation-related topics for Servoy products

connecting to SQL classpath

Postby alan1340732835 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:01 pm

I am a former Foxpro developer unwillingly trying to move to a new platform
When I oppen Servoy and connect to a database Server and choose Foxpro the driver choices are all black and it seems all is well
when I try to connect to ODBC or MS SQL the drivers show all red and I get a driver not found and some sort of classpath error
I went to the FAQ area and read the info
I tried downloading several different drivers for SQL and have no idea how to edit my classpath or whatever. I put the driver where I was instructed, I think C:\servoy\application server\drivers

Help!
Thanks
alan1340732835

Re: connecting to SQL classpath

Postby omar » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:42 am

Hi Alan1340732835!

I am former (and still) Visual FoxPro developer as well and think I can help you out. Believe me, the unwillingness goes away and turns into a euphoric frenzy after a while :-) I have setup a site just for you, check it out: http://www.visualfoxpro.com

Ok about the driver:

1. What version of Servoy are you using?
2. In version 6.0 you no longer need to install the driver yourself.
3. Just rightclick the database servers node and select 'Connect to existing database - FoxPro DBF'

P.S. If this doesn't work anymore it may be because you overwritten the DBF driver with an older version

That's it.

Regards,
Omar
Intrasoft, Founder
Omar van Galen
omar@intrasoft.nl
+31-(0)6-21234586
Servoy Developer
omar

Postby alan1340732835 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:31 pm

Thanks I have already been at that site, nice.
My problem is not in connecting to foxpro data but when I am trying to connect to MS SQL or ODBC sources
alan1340732835

Postby omar » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:10 pm

I would suggest doing a reinstall of Servoy in a new directory and making sure the default drivers work correctly. Then you can use the jtds or the Microsoft SQL drivers to connect to the database. I recently tried connecting to SQL Server 2012 with the Microsoft jdbc driver using both integrated and standard security. If this is still a problem for you let me know and I will try to help.

Regards,
Omar
Intrasoft, Founder
Omar van Galen
omar@intrasoft.nl
+31-(0)6-21234586
Servoy Developer
omar

Return to Installation