installing developer and server on same machine?

Questions and answers for all installation-related topics for Servoy products

installing developer and server on same machine?

Postby stevek » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:28 pm

Hello All!

I am a bit confused on installations.......... I need to know if I can run developer from the same machine I installed servoy server on. I do not have two machines I can dedicate (one for developer and one for server).

I would like to create the production version of servoy on the same machine it will run on.

The installer says I must select one or the other, but, when I install servoy_server, there still is a folder named developer.

This leads me to believe I can run developer to build the site, and, when it is complete, I can then start servoy_server and it will work for production enviorment.

Is this correct?

Oh, I will install PostgreSQL before installing Servoy. I will not be using the internal postgresql-lite or EnterpriseDB

Thanks for any input!
stevek

Re: installing developer and server on same machine?

Postby omar » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:56 pm

Yes, you can. You can use the all-in-one installer to install the developer IDE and the application server. Note that you can run the server as a service so that is also works when you are not running Servoy IDE.

See the following part of the WIKI to configure your server as a service.

http://wiki.servoy.com/display/public/DOCS/Running+the+server+as+a+service

If you want you can even run both a test and a deployment version of the application server on one machine.
Intrasoft, Founder
Omar van Galen
omar@intrasoft.nl
+31-(0)6-21234586
Servoy Developer
omar

Return to Installation