SWT Errors with java

Questions and answers for all installation-related topics for Servoy products

SWT Errors with java

Postby stevek » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:33 pm

I have attempted to get developer to open with no success. I have seen in posts it is due to firefox and the version of xulrunner used in Centos 6 (both 386 and x64).
Some folks have mentioned using Ubuntu and Mint.

I have tried all three and each time developer crashes on start with the same errors.

I have tried using an export to show absolute path of java as well as xulrunner, and adding the switches to the end of my servoy.ini file. Some folks recommend I add these arguments to my eclipse.ini file (although I am unable to find it in the servoy installation).

Would someone be willing to do a bit of show-n-tell for me? How did you prepare for the installation of servoy? Did you create any special files? Add path statements anywhere?
The confusion to me is....... I can install servoy 3.5 successfully on any machine I have and it runs flawlessly - both developer and server.

I just cannot get servoy 6 developer to start.

Each time I have tried servoy 6, I have started with a fresh install of Centos6 x64 (also tried i386 version); did all the updates ; installed java (tried both 6 and 7) creating the correct symlinks and alternatives commands so it works fine in firefox; installed postgresql and pgadmin (verifying both work); add in the sample db's for servoy from my windows pc using pgadmin to export / restore and all db's work fine; install servoy developer with no db's; run the -UpdateRepository; fireup the server in \servoy\application_server and no errors. I can connect by typing localhost:8080 or from another machine.
I shut down, reboot, making sure no instance of servoy is running, then open developer, - - crash!

The eclipse portion of developer just will not run.

Each time I have installed servoy server alone, it runs great. It is developer that I am having issues with.

So, maybe this is my real question- - - - - - - - I want to have the ability to run developer on the same machine as the production server to test function before I go "live", and to make adjustments when needed without tossing db's and solutions between machines each time I want to change a word on a form.

Thanks for enduring to the end of this post! I can really use any input and any examples (screenshot) of what I need to do to fire up developer.

Thanks!
stevek

Return to Installation