About ‘Export metadata tables’ and ‘Check metadata tables.’

Questions and answers for all installation-related topics for Servoy products

About ‘Export metadata tables’ and ‘Check metadata tables.’

Postby jcarlos » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:43 pm

I am fixing/getting ready my solutions to be deployed in Servoy 6.1.

I noticed that while exporting solutions (from Servoy 6.1), there are two options: ‘Export metadata tables’ and ‘Check metadata tables.’ These options are marked by default. (I really don’t remember if these options were in Servoy 5.x)

Can someone explain what do these options mean and why they are marked by default?

Thanks, Carlos
Juan-Carlos Sanchez, Stanford University - Law and Economics
jcarlos

Re: About ‘Export metadata tables’ and ‘Check metadata table

Postby omar » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:41 pm

Hi,

This is a new feature for in Servoy 6.1 this allows you to include meta-data in your export file so that it will be merged into the database on the application server when you import the solution. It also allows Team synchonization and Version management for your meta-data.

http://wiki.servoy.com/display/public/DOCS/Metada+data+import
Intrasoft, Founder
Omar van Galen
omar@intrasoft.nl
+31-(0)6-21234586
Servoy Developer
omar

Postby jcarlos » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:59 am

omar wrote:Hi, This is a new feature for in Servoy 6.1 this allows you to include meta-data in your export file so that it will be merged into the database on the application server when you import the solution. It also allows Team synchonization and Version management for your meta-data. http://wiki.servoy.com/display/public/DOCS/Metada+data+import

Oops! I don't know what I didn't see that when I looked into the documentation... I swear, it was like a glitch in the Matrix. Somehow these pages were hidden from me :wink:

Anyway, thank you very much for pointing this out this link to me.

I have never used metadata tables for any reasons while developing my Servoy solutions. I rely entirely on the database server vendor built in features to generate metadata. I'd like to learn more about how to use this feature of Servoy. Can you (or anyone else) tell me where I could find more information in this regard?

Thanks again! Carlos
Juan-Carlos Sanchez, Stanford University - Law and Economics
jcarlos

Postby rgansevles » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:49 am

Carlos,

This feature is for meta data related to your solution, not meta data for the database.
For example, you can use it to manage a list of countries or some config tables that you define yourself to control part of your solution.

Rob
Rob Gansevles
Servoy
rgansevles

Return to Installation