Database servers modded on upgrade

Questions and answers for all installation-related topics for Servoy products

Database servers modded on upgrade

Postby dfrazier » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:25 pm

I was on Servoy 6.0.7 and I upgraded to Servoy 6.1.2 by downloading the installer off the website and installing it overtop of my previous install. When I started up the new version, Servoy could not connect to any of the database servers. It turns out, it changed all of my MySQL servers to use the PostgreSQL driver and it modified the connection string to as such.

Something similar happened to my coworker when he went from 6.0.6 or 6.0.7 (I forget which) to 6.1.0. All of his database server connection strings were duplicated. So if his connection string was "jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/servoy_repository", it would be changed to something like, "jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/servoy_repositoryjdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/servoy_repository" after the upgrade.

My question is, is Servoy installation supposed to destroy all the connection strings for your database servers you had set previously? Is that some sort of security feature or something?
This is my signature.
dfrazier

Re: Database servers modded on upgrade

Postby jcompagner » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:19 pm

it is really a bad idea to just install a newer version of Servoy on top of an existing install.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Re: Database servers modded on upgrade

Postby dfrazier » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:20 pm

Ah. Thanks for the tip. Is that in the instruction manual? I typically don't like reading those things. It's more fun to just try things and see what happens.
This is my signature.
dfrazier

Return to Installation