upgradeRepository on Linux server for Linux novice...

Questions and answers for all installation-related topics for Servoy products

upgradeRepository on Linux server for Linux novice...

Postby john.allen » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:21 am

I've had some trouble on a fairly long-time install of Servoy 5.2 on a Linux server. I last had to play with this about a year and a half ago. My memory of that is a little fuzzy, the usual Admin guy who helps me with this isn't here right now and I'm just not sure I'm doing this right.

Basically I decided to do an upgrade as I was seeing some problems since we moved repositories. In fact the IT people here simply did a fresh install of my existing repository and put it on a different box. I repointed at the new Oracle repository_server and things 'seemed' ok. But I then noticed a couple of problems and so thought I'd update to the latest 5.2 release. There were more problems after that in not being able to launch smart client at all (web client would) but with all this I thought I should start over as there might have been some issues when they copied the repository. So I shut the servoy server down, dropped all the tables in the servoy_repository and then relaunched servoy server using this command:

sudo -u servoy nohup ./servoy_server.sh -upgradeRepository &

I have to sudo on this because of permissions and I have used everything else in the command numerous times over the last year without problems. But I haven't ever used the -upgradeRepository flag on this box and with the various other commands. I didn't get any errors but so far (an hour or so later) I don't see any servoy activity (ps -eaf | grep servoy) nor are any new tables created in the servoy_repository nor of course are the servoy-admin pages up. Do I have that command right? (It is run of course from the application_server directory)

Help greatly appreciated (by me and my users!)
John Allen
Stanford University
john.allen

Re: upgradeRepository on Linux server for Linux novice...

Postby boonstrj » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:48 am

I use the same command without the nohup parameter and & at the end, because after upgrade servoy shuts down. There shoud be a server.log file which contains any error messages if anything went wrong or the succssful upgrade message. Can Servoy make a succssful connection to the repository database?
Jeroen Boonstra
2Serve-IT

Servoy version 5.2.13/6.1.x/7.1.0
boonstrj

Re: upgradeRepository on Linux server for Linux novice...

Postby ROCLASI » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:11 am

Hi John,

Like Jeroen says you can use the following command (btw Servoy server should be shutdown before you run this):
Code: Select all
sudo -u servoy ./servoy_server.sh -upgradeRepository

It will (try) to upgrade/create your repository and will shutdown again. The servoy_log.txt will show if it was successful or not.
If it was you can start Servoy server the normal way again.

Hope this helps.
Robert Ivens
SAN Developer / Servoy Valued Professional / Servoy Certified Developer

ROCLASI Software Solutions / JBS Group, Partner
Mastodon: @roclasi
--
ServoyForge - Building Open Source Software.
PostgreSQL - The world's most advanced open source database.
ROCLASI
Servoy Expert

Return to Installation