Asus Transformer Book T100 (& Servoy Dev.)

Questions and answers for all installation-related topics for Servoy products

Asus Transformer Book T100 (& Servoy Dev.)

Postby rafig » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:46 pm

Hi all,
just wondering if anyone is using this computer with Servoy Developer?
It's a hybrid Windows 8.1 (Full, not RT) Tablet/Laptop. It has 2Gb RAM & a 32Gb SSD (with an mini SDXC card slot), Quad Core Intel Bay Trail-T Atom 1.33GHz Processor.
I'm thinking about getting one as a very portable 'lite' development/testing PC (I do all my main work on my 17" MacBook Pro) and wanted to know if Servoy Developer works (will work) ok on it.
Thxs
Rafi
Servoy Certified Developer
rafig

Re: Asus Transformer Book T100 (& Servoy Dev.)

Postby sbutler » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:24 am

It probably will work, but the RAM is a bit low. I developed on a Microsoft Surface (first gen), and it worked very well, but it had higher specs.

I'd suggest setting up VNC on your mac, and just remote desktop into it. That's what I do (I have a dell precision laptop, which is very heavy and thick, and a light HP Envy, that I remote desktop from).

You also might consider waiting a month or so, as the windows hybrids are not currently 64 bit. The new Atom Bay Trail processors are 64 bit capable, but they still run 32 bit windows OS because of limitations of Windows "Connected Standby" feature, which is supposed to be 64 bit capable in Q1 of 2014...so should be soon.
Scott Butler
iTech Professionals, Inc.
SAN Partner

Servoy Consulting & Development
Servoy University- Training Videos
Servoy Components- Plugins, Beans, and Web Components
Servoy Guy- Tips & Resources
ServoyForge- Open Source Components
sbutler
Servoy Expert

Re: Asus Transformer Book T100 (& Servoy Dev.)

Postby rafig » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:14 am

Hi Scott,
goldcougar wrote:It probably will work, but the RAM is a bit low. I developed on a Microsoft Surface (first gen), and it worked very well, but it had higher specs.
I'd suggest setting up VNC on your mac, and just remote desktop into it. That's what I do (I have a dell precision laptop, which is very heavy and thick, and a light HP Envy, that I remote desktop from).

Thanks for the advice...

You also might consider waiting a month or so, as the windows hybrids are not currently 64 bit. The new Atom Bay Trail processors are 64 bit capable, but they still run 32 bit windows OS because of limitations of Windows "Connected Standby" feature, which is supposed to be 64 bit capable in Q1 of 2014...so should be soon.

Interesting...
So do you think they will sell in future with 64bit Windows instead?

Rafi
Servoy Certified Developer
rafig

Return to Installation