Import Solutions button missing on servoy-admin page

Q&A regarding installation and issues getting started with Servoy

Import Solutions button missing on servoy-admin page

Postby ygovind » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:42 pm

Hi, I am trying to install servoy application server on my laptop where I have installed Servoy developer as well. I have installed servoy developer in C:/Servoy/ and now I am trying to install Servoy Application Server in C:/ServoyAS/ (2 different folders).
When I start the service (in Windows: going to services and starting servoy application service), I am able to see my database servers online but when I click on solutions - I am not able to see import solution button that I can click to import solution referred in an installation document given to me.

Any suggestion/help would be really appreciated as I am very new to Servoy and still in learning phase.
ygovind

Re: Import Solutions button missing on servoy-admin page

Postby mboegem » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:05 pm

Hi,

I think the admin page you're looking at is the one of developer, not the application server.

Developer admin page has no option to import...
Pls. make sure you visit the application server admin page at the correct port number.

Hope this helps
Marc Boegem
Solutiative / JBS Group, Partner
• Servoy Certified Developer
• Servoy Valued Professional
• Freelance Developer

Partner of Tower - The most powerful Git client for Mac and Windows
mboegem

Postby Ruben79 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:56 pm

In addition to Marc: you probably have them both configured to run on default port 8080. But only one can use the port, so you probably had started developer first, which now occupies port 8080 and preventing your application server to use it.
Solution: start the application server first and developer afterwards, or give them different port numbers (edit the file application_server\server\conf\server.xml)
Ruben de Jong
Stb Software Development
SAN Partner

Stb Software Development - http://www.stb.nl
Ruben79

Postby mboegem » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:26 pm

Ruben79 wrote:In addition to Marc: you probably have them both configured to run on default port 8080. But only one can use the port, so you probably had started developer first, which now occupies port 8080 and preventing your application server to use it.
Solution: start the application server first and developer afterwards, or give them different port numbers (edit the file application_server\server\conf\server.xml)

In this case: the application server isn't even running.
This should be visible in the server log file which you can find in the install folder of the application server.

Which version of Servoy are we talking here anyway?
Reason I'm asking:
A full deploy of v8 + solution via WAR-file will actually also prevent you to directly import solutions.
Once starting that way the only way to import/update solutions is doing a WAR-file deploy again...
Marc Boegem
Solutiative / JBS Group, Partner
• Servoy Certified Developer
• Servoy Valued Professional
• Freelance Developer

Partner of Tower - The most powerful Git client for Mac and Windows
mboegem

Postby Bernd.N » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:07 pm

ygovind wrote:Any suggestion/help would be really appreciated as I am very new to Servoy and still in learning phase.

I know well how it feels to learn Servoy, as it is such a rich system. It is even more challenging when you also begin with JavaScript, postgreSQL and Eclipse at the same time.
The way I learned Servoy: I opend my notepad and wrote down every problem and question I encountered. Then I met with a Servoy expert twice a week on Skype for about two hours, shared my screen and discussed everything. That saved me months, if not years.

I wanted to enclose also links for you to further Servoy documentation, but decided to better post them where they belong, in Sharing Central:
https://www.servoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=21085
Bernd Korthaus
LinkedIn
Servoy 7.4.9 SC postgreSQL 9.4.11 Windows 10 Pro
Bernd.N

Postby ygovind » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:29 pm

I am running Servoy version 8. I followed steps mentioned by you all to close developer and run application server first or change the configuration file to point to new port 8081 (instead of 8080) and still nothing changed. Now, infact I see a different problem. I see that on going to the link http://localhost:8081/servoy-admin/ - it now ask me for username and password and if I change it back to 8080 then also its asking for username/password.
At this point, I am not sure what I am doing incorrectly. I have tried every other option and would like to get some help.
Also, when you say stop developer - how do you stop it? In services, I don't see servoy developer, how do I ensure that developer is completely stopped and not acquiring port 8080 and then I run application server?
ygovind

Return to I'm just getting started