Servoy 8 - No Checkout fron Servoy repository memnu

Q&A regarding installation and issues getting started with Servoy

Servoy 8 - No Checkout fron Servoy repository memnu

Postby huber » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:23 pm

Hi

I installed Servoy 8. Although I can connect to an existing Servoy 7.4.4 servoy_repository database, I don't get the Checkout from Servoy repository menu on the "All solutions" node in the Solution Explorer (using Team Provider). I noticed there is no servoy.application_server.startRepositoryAsTeamProvider setting in the Developer's Servoy Admin Page. Is it not needed anymore?

I also tried copying over into the new Servoy 8 servoy.properties file some settings from version 7.4.4, but no luck. I also wondered that I can connect to a version 7.4.4 repository without upgrading the database to version 8.
Any hint is welcome what I might miss to get it run.

Robert
Robert Huber
7r AG, Switzerland
SAN Developer
http://www.seven-r.ch
huber

Re: Servoy 8 - No Checkout fron Servoy repository memnu

Postby Gabi Boros » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:52 am

hi,

the servoy team provider is deprecated is Servoy 8, but if you really need that it can
be access via File -> New -> Other -> Servoy; still, maybe a better way to use your solutions
from Servoy 7 would be to export them, and then import to 8, or use the workspace from 7,
and use git or svn as scm
Gabi Boros
Servoy
Gabi Boros

Postby rieder » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:51 am

Hi Gabi

Thank you for responding.
In the Wiki we didn't read, that it's deprecated.
Can you suggest Subclipse for OS X? Any other version control system?
BTW: We did add a database server called repository_server. But still can't checkout. The menu does not show up.

Regards
Birgit Rieder
Birgit Rieder
7r AG, Switzerland
SAN Developer
rieder

Postby huber » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:24 am

Hi Gabi

Coming back to your suggestion of accessing the repository to check out a solution via File > New > Other > Servoy. I get the selection seen in my attached screenshot. No menu there to access the repository. What could be wrong?

Servoy 8.0.2

Best regards,
Robert

Gabi Boros wrote:hi,

the servoy team provider is deprecated is Servoy 8, but if you really need that it can
be access via File -> New -> Other -> Servoy; still, maybe a better way to use your solutions
from Servoy 7 would be to export them, and then import to 8, or use the workspace from 7,
and use git or svn as scm
Attachments
File New Other Servoy.png
File New Other Servoy.png (47.98 KiB) Viewed 5445 times
Robert Huber
7r AG, Switzerland
SAN Developer
huber

Postby Gabi Boros » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:36 am

hi Robert,

you're right, it is not present because the Servoy 8 install does not have the Servoy Team Provider plugin anymore,
(I was confused because I did run it from a different environment that had that plugin ...) so the only option you have is
to checkout the solution using Servoy 7, and then after use the workspace with Servoy 8 and continue to use git or svn ...

regards,
Gabi
Gabi Boros
Servoy
Gabi Boros

Postby huber » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:48 am

Hi Gabi

Thanks for your updated information. Of course it's a surprise that all of sudden not having the Servoy Team Provider anymore. I think it should not read deprecated, as deprecated suggests the Team Provider is still available for a smooth transition, but it's not.

Regards, Robert

Gabi Boros wrote:hi Robert,

you're right, it is not present because the Servoy 8 install does not have the Servoy Team Provider plugin anymore,
(I was confused because I did run it from a different environment that had that plugin ...) so the only option you have is
to checkout the solution using Servoy 7, and then after use the workspace with Servoy 8 and continue to use git or svn ...

regards,
Gabi
Robert Huber
7r AG, Switzerland
SAN Developer
huber

Return to I'm just getting started