system crash

Questions and answers for all installation-related topics for Servoy products

system crash

Postby ebrandt » Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:02 am

Not having a good recovery process in place I am left seeing blue! I need to get into my directory to extract my servoy solution files. what are the files I need to extract? From what I can remeber it is only one file, I cannot remember the file extention ""solutionname.???""

I can get to my SQL files but need some help to make sure I extract the correct servoy files before I wipe by hard drive. I am running the most recent version of servoy on winXP.

Thanks in advance,
Erich
ebrandt

Postby Harjo » Sat Jun 05, 2004 11:51 am

make a copy of your Servoy directory! (inlcude subdirectory)
Where was your repository running under?
Sybase? make sure you rmake a copy of al you db-files
In the repository DB, are your solutions.

Hope this helps

(P.S. Only if you have made an export of one specific solution you've got a: filename.servoy (extension)
Harjo

Postby ebrandt » Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:46 pm

What is the easiest way to back up your solution when working on a local machine? When I move my solution to the server, I will have a more comprehensive automated back up plan in place, this will be 8 months from now.

Can I just export my solution and save the file on a network share? I can copy the SQL files eaisly. I suppose I am a bit confused as to sysbase repository files.

If I undestand this correctly, if I export the solution, I have the repository files integreted. If I have not exported the solution, I have to make a copy of the repository files. Are all the solution files under one database?
With SQL I only have to save 2 files for each database. Is this similar to sysbase?

It seems I would not need the entire directory, just the repository database files. Is this correct?

Thanks for the help.
Erich
ebrandt

Postby Harjo » Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:54 pm

Yes the repository DB contains all your solutions meta-data (forms, scripts, used images, etc..)

Mostly your input-(work)data is in another database.

You can only backup those files,

If you move the solution from one server to another, than the export function, is most handy!
Harjo

Postby ebrandt » Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:57 pm

Excellent, thanks for your time!
ebrandt

Postby Westy » Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:39 am

Windows XP comes with a backup wizard. See:

Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools/Backups
Westy

Return to Installation