Install Servoy Application Server

Q&A regarding installation and issues getting started with Servoy

Install Servoy Application Server

Postby djuank » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:14 pm

Hello,

I'm new to Servoy, I'm interested in making it my development tool so I'm creating my first applications.

I want to make a Servoy Application Server installation on a GoogleCloud instance, to test my solutions.

However I do not understand how the Servoy Application Server installation is done, I have a database in MySQL, how do I make the connection to servoy ??

When finishing the installation in GoogleCloud, I try to enter through the Administration Page but nothing comes out.

I would appreciate if someone has a tutorial because I do not know what I need to do, in theory should be simple.
I am doing tests on windows server 2012, it would be good also on linux
djuank

Re: Install Servoy Application Server

Postby AlanBourke » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:23 am

If you're intending to develop then you need to install Servoy Developer, which has the IDE and also an installation of Servoy Application Server you use to test your solution. In a deployment scenario, you just need Servoy Application Server.

Have you looked at https://wiki.servoy.com/pages/releaseview.action?pageId=9044645 ?

One thing that I have not seen made clear anywhere is that if you're not choosing to install PostGres as your db as part of the installation, then you need to create empty Servoy metadata database manually in your db server of choice. It's called 'repository_server'.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Servoy SAN Developer
AlanBourke

Return to I'm just getting started