Problems Installing 1.1 on WIN XP

Questions and answers for all installation-related topics for Servoy products

Problems Installing 1.1 on WIN XP

Postby cnjackson » Wed Jul 23, 2003 12:19 am

When running the installer I get a Servoy installer error message 'Unable to execute the specified command line!'. The installer then quits.

I have used the same version of the installer on several other XP machines with no problem. It refuses to install on my laptop. Any ideas?
cnjackson

Postby Jan Aleman » Wed Jul 23, 2003 1:47 am

This can be caused by two possible issues:

1. No java or wrong java version. Doublecheck if you have java 1.4 (preferrably 1.4.2 SDK) installed. To check open a dosprompt and type "java -version" it will show which version of java you have.
2. The downloaded file is corrupt. In that case re-download
Jan Aleman
Servoy
Jan Aleman

Postby hbrendel » Sun Oct 05, 2003 3:58 pm

I have problems to install version 1.2 RC5 onto my Windows XP laptop.
I installed Java 1.4.2 as indicated by jaleman but I keep getting the error: "Unable to execute the specified command line!"

I downloaded the Servoy installer again (5 oktober 2003), restarted the machine, but to no avail.

What could be the problem?

--
Henk Brendel
hbrendel

Postby hbrendel » Sun Oct 05, 2003 4:41 pm

In addition to my prior posting:

I tried to open a solution as a client on my XP laptop by pointing IE to my Mac on 192.168.1.12:8080. Now I can download the file servoy_client.jnlp.

Double-clicking causes XP to ask which program to use. Using Explorer I see an xml listing. Using Java Webstart 1.4.2 I get an error saying: "Bad Installation. No JRE found in configuration file"

I don't know what to do next. All this is very annoying because tomorrow I'm supposed to show the trial solution I made on my Mac to a potential client who runs XP.

Thanks in advance
Henk Brendel
hbrendel

Postby Jan Aleman » Sun Oct 05, 2003 6:22 pm

hbrendel wrote:Double-clicking causes XP to ask which program to use. Using Explorer I see an xml listing. Using Java Webstart 1.4.2 I get an error saying: "Bad Installation. No JRE found in configuration file"

This clearly indicates Java troubles on your XP machine. Try this: uninstall all Java versions on your Windows XP machine (doublecheck with the registry if you have deleted them all). Go to :
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html

Download and install the following version:
J2SE v 1.4.2_01
SDK (NOT the JRE)

That will most certainly fix your problem.
Jan Aleman
Servoy
Jan Aleman

Postby hbrendel » Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:12 pm

My XP laptop has been away all monday, so I didn't have time to work on it until now.
I just followed your indications and Servoy is now up and running.

Thank you Jan
Henk Brendel
hbrendel

Return to Installation