Installation on OS X (10.2.6) - Problems

Questions and answers for all installation-related topics for Servoy products

Installation on OS X (10.2.6) - Problems

Postby michaelfr » Sun Aug 10, 2003 4:40 pm

I downloaded the finished 1.1 developer this morning.

Before installing it, I removed 1.1rc5 using the uninstaller that came with it. This worked fine.

Then I installed the version I downloaded. All worked fine, and I rebooted (per the on-line instructions).

Afterwards, I attempted to open the Servoy application, which failed repeatedly. When checking the Console log in OS X, I noted the following:

[LaunchRunner Error] The main class "com.servoy.j2db.startup.Bootstrap" could not be found.
[JavaAppLauncher Error] CallStaticVoidMethod() threw an exception
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
at apple.launcher.LaunchRunner.run(LaunchRunner.java:85)
at apple.launcher.LaunchRunner.callMain(LaunchRunner.java:50)
at apple.launcher.JavaApplicationLauncher.launch(JavaApplicationLauncher.java:52)

I wasn't sure what to do, so I tried launching the servoy_developer.jar file instead. This did successfully launch the Servoy application properly. I peeked around there, then quit Servoy.

The odd thing is that after I did this, launching the Servoy application file now works fine.

I'm not sure what caused this, but perhaps someone at Servoy should look into this.

Thanks,

Michael Frankel
Wizard Consulting Group
michaelfr

Postby Jan Aleman » Mon Aug 11, 2003 6:53 pm

Very strange issue, we've never seen that before and are unable to reproduce it. Has anybody else experienced this as well?
Jan Aleman
Servoy
Jan Aleman

Return to Installation