Problems after installing on Win98

Questions and answers for all installation-related topics for Servoy products

Problems after installing on Win98

Postby Frank » Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:29 am

I just read your response to the instalation problems with Windows 98 and how you don't support Win 98 so I should probably know better than to try and run Servoy on my 98 machine but I want to try anyway.

For the purpose of this message, assume I don't know anything.
I managed to get Servoy and Firebird installed on this 98 machine. When I click on the "FireBird" icon it puts the icon in the bottom right corner beside the time so I assume FireBird is up and running.

When I launch
Servoy Developer
Version R2 1.1-build 257
I get an error
"Can't set up repository server specified in the application preferences"
with the details of that error being
"Could not find repository server: 'repository_server'"

When I do the following:
Application preferences menu -> DB Servers tab -> select "FireBird" instead of "Auto Setup Server" -> click OK on the "Server Config" dialog
then I get the error:

org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBSQLException: Resource Exception. I/O error during "CreateFile (open)" operation for file "C:\Program Files\Servoy/database/<database_name>.gdb"
Error while trying to open file
null
Reason: I/O error during "CreateFile (open)" operation for file "C:\Program Files\Servoy/database/<database_name>.gdb"
Error while trying to open file
null

I don't know if it matters but I'll tell you anyways, Servoy & FireBird are installed at:
c:\Program Files\Servoy\
c:\Program Files\FireBird\

I really don't know much about SQL statements etc. so please keep the explanation understandable for a DFU!

Thanks,
Frank
Frank

Postby Jan Aleman » Thu Aug 14, 2003 1:20 pm

Try this:
delete all databases inside the database folder in the Servoy folder EXCEPT empty.gdb
delete servoy.properties in the servoy directory
Restart Servoy, it will now automatically create all databases and sample data, this can take a few minutes.
Jan Aleman
Servoy
Jan Aleman

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 19, 2003 1:37 am

Thanks, that worked.

Return to Installation