Import solution problem

Questions and answers for all installation-related topics for Servoy products

Import solution problem

Postby john.allen » Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:48 am

Hi,

I've run into a problem that I've never seen before. When trying to export and then import a solution I'm getting this message when I try to import it back in with a different name:

com.servoy.j2db.persistence.RepositoryException: java.util.zip.ZipException: The system cannot find the file specified

This sounds as though there should be some java file installed on the machine that isn't there. I've tried it with two different solutions so I think it must not be a problem with the solutions per se. Anybody have any clues as to how to go about fixing this? I'm held up right now as I need to simplify one of my solutions but to do that I first have to reimport it. Worse is that this is happening on my Windows 2000 box which I am pretty hopeless with but is the only machine allowed to access the hospital databases with. Something about wanting to have a Windows machine on the network so they don't have to worry about viruses... don't ask. I do have Java 1.5 on here; this is the build and computer info:
Version R2 2.2.4-build 336
Java version 1.5.0_06-b05 (Windows 2000)

Any help greatly appreciated,

John
John Allen
Stanford University
john.allen

Postby IT2Be » Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:20 pm

John, do you still have this issue?

I have exported with 2.2.4 several times now and have seen no issues.
I also did exports of sample solutions with 2.2.4 without any user complaints.

Is there something special you include/do in the export or maybe import?
Marcel J.G. Trapman (IT2BE)
SAN partner - Freelance Java and Servoy
Servoy Components - IT2BE Plug-ins and Beans for Servoy
ServoyForge - Open Source Components for Servoy
IT2Be
Servoy Expert

Postby john.allen » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:34 pm

Yes unfortunately I still do have the problem and I don't think there is anything special included - it's pretty much a 'vanilla' solution in that way. I also posted this under 'Issues and Bugs' on the Forum and then, after Johan replied, I sent a copy of the exported solution via the bug reporting site. I've been caught up in non-Servoy stuff this week so haven't had a chance to play with it since then in terms of trying to track it down. I think it is somehow Sybase ASA related as that seems to be a Sybase utility but I'm unsure a) how to fix it or b) what I've done wrong or how my system isn't working. Currently that solution is running fine - it's just the exported solution that can't be re-imported - so I'm just letting sleeping dogs lie and hoping nothing goes wrong until I have more time to look at it or Johan and the team can figure it out. It also might be the same thing that caused the weird partial elimination/addition of some element names I mentioned in the Servoy 3.0.2beta upgrade topic.
John Allen
Stanford University
john.allen

Re: Import solution problem

Postby ngervasi » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:25 pm

john.allen wrote:I've run into a problem that I've never seen before. When trying to export and then import a solution I'm getting this message when I try to import it back in with a different name:

A little off-topic: there is a bug in 2.2.4 (it should be fixed in 2.2.5) wich will cause all your security settings to be lost when exporting and reimporting back with a different name, I spent several hours of work recreating the whole security after an export-import operation for a major version of one of my apps so I suggest you to wait for 2.2.5.
Nicola Gervasi
sintpro.com
SAN Partner
ngervasi

Postby IT2Be » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:35 pm

reimporting back with a different name
By this you mean doing an import of the solution but with a changed name I assume...
Marcel J.G. Trapman (IT2BE)
SAN partner - Freelance Java and Servoy
Servoy Components - IT2BE Plug-ins and Beans for Servoy
ServoyForge - Open Source Components for Servoy
IT2Be
Servoy Expert

Postby ngervasi » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:42 pm

Yes Marcel, this happens if you choose the "Import as..." button. Already reported to the Servoy team and already fixed, it should be included in the next build.
I use to do this when I start working on a major release, I export the solution and reimport it back with a different name (ex.: App_1_0 -> App_1_1 ) so I can develop the new version and still be able to provide bug fixes for the older one.
Nicola Gervasi
sintpro.com
SAN Partner
ngervasi

Return to Installation