Cannot start Server???

Questions and answers for all installation-related topics for Servoy products

Cannot start Server???

Postby timc » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:51 pm

I created a new DB server, and new DB of the same name. However, when I enable it, I get the following error message..... Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Could not get a connection with the new validation method, old validation method will be used. See log for more details.
Reason: java.sql.SQLException: JZ00L: Login failed. Examine the SQLWarnings chained to this exception for the reason(s).

New settings saved.
timc

Postby kazar » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:50 am

Hi Tim --

I have definitely seen the same warning. It refers to the username/password you entered in the connection setup for authorization to connect to the sybase back end.

When you created the back end chances are you left the username password set to default (dba/sql)

Try using DBA and SQL (upper case, in other words) or dba and sql. I can't remember which one is correct but I do remember that it seemed once upon a time that i got past that same error by either putting my capslock key on or off. Sorry I can't remember exactly.

Of course, if you set up a special user account on the back end for Servoy to connect with, be sure you are typing in the username & password exactly.

Only other thing I can think of is that there have been times that if I tried editing the already-open "new db server" dialog it would not work, but if I canceled and started creating a new connection from scratch again, it would work.

None of this is intended to be a scientific answer (not that anyone would interpret it as such!!), just sharing of experience re how I have gotten past that problem. Let us know what finally works for you.

kazar
kazar

Return to Installation