Servoy startup error

Questions and answers for all installation-related topics for Servoy products

Servoy startup error

Postby sudhap » Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:36 pm

I cannot startup Servoy on my Mac G4 running OSX 10.3.2. I get the message "Can't connect to the repositiory server specified in the application preaferences"
On clicking detail I get the following message
"org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBSQLException: Resource Exception. Unable to complete network request to host "localhost".
Reason: Unable to complete network request to host "localhost"."

I have been getting this error after many downloads and many installations of Servoy. Any help will be appreciated
sudhap

Postby Bert » Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:51 am

Did you restart your Mac after installing Servoy?
Bert de Graaff
ATB Software Servoy Developer manage your business anywhere
Bert

servoy startup error

Postby sudhap » Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:05 pm

Yes I did a startup after installations. I have downloaded and installed atleast 6 times and follwed the instructions on restarting the Mac. This has happened to me with OSX 10, 10.1, 10.2 and 10.3 with the current Servoy version available at that time. Never could make it work.
Thanks
sudhap

Postby admin » Fri Jan 09, 2004 8:39 am

The error indicates that Firebird is not running. We've been unable to reproduce this on any mac under any conditions, nevertheless it still remains a Firebird issue beyond our control. Servoy 2.0 final will most probably ship with a different database that will not use a separate installer but will be entirely managed by Servoy thus avoiding this kind of problems.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Installation