how to implement a horizontal list view

Find out how to get things done with Servoy. Post how YOU get things done with Servoy

how to implement a horizontal list view

Postby yekinabud » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:45 am

I have a chart to implement that needs to list medicines that are administered over a certain period of time. The time administered needs to be plotted out across the medicine row with 24+ boxes indicating whether the medicine for that given hour is a) not scheduled to be given, b) scheduled to be given, or c) has been given.

I've thought of 3 possible implementations, and am working on a 4th. I would really like to hear any suggestions for the best way to do this in Servoy.

POSSIBLE IMPLEMENTATIONS

1. At first I thought I would overlay a number of named elements, store their states in a JSON array, and display them onLoad. Alas, I learned the element array applies to the record view, not the list view, so this method won't work.

2. Then I thought I would add another list view to my medicine list view that grew horizontally - but this does not seem to be possible, either.

3. Finally, I got the desired behavior by adding 24+ media data providers to my medicine list view, which returned a media resource location through a calculation. So that's 24+ numbered columns in a single table with 24+ corresponding calculations. Obviously, not an elegant solution.

4. I'm currently working with the JTable Bean to see if I can implement something more programatic.

Thanks for any tips.
yekinabud

Postby yekinabud » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:29 pm

Sorry, I guess this should go in the 'Programming with Servoy' section.

Moderator: please remove post. I will re-post in the Programming section.

Thanks.
yekinabud

Return to How To