HOW TO allow for user-created/modified reports?

Find out how to get things done with Servoy. Post how YOU get things done with Servoy

HOW TO allow for user-created/modified reports?

Postby chris » Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:54 pm

We are considering using Servoy to connect to a SQL database tracking manufacturing operations (BellHawk). The managers want to be able to create quick and easy reports showing trends of machine usage, productivity, etc, WITHOUT calling up a developer each time to configure the report. In Servoy, how would I, as the developer, set up their solution so all of it is locked except a reporting file in which managers can make their reports?

I'm coming from FM in which I'd use the SQL plugin to pull the data in (this file would be locked) and then export the data out to another table that would be open for users to play with, create reports, mess up, etc.

Thank you!
Last edited by chris on Mon Mar 01, 2004 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
chris

Postby Jan Aleman » Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:25 pm

Have a look at the report sections in the demo crm, the buttons at the bottom give you access to various ways of building dynamic reports. NOTE: they are just implemented as very basic demos to demonstrate it CAN be done, they are not entirely error free and user friendly but if you integrate it into your solution that could be done fairly easily.
Jan Aleman
Servoy
Jan Aleman

Postby chris » Wed Dec 31, 2003 10:05 pm

Thank you - but the crm solution seems to show how users can construct custom queries and that's pretty cool - but the question I had is about forms/layouts - about users manipulating form parts, putting their logo in different places, summarizing data in different ways. As I understand, users can select fields using the SELECT statement and can probably do all sub-summarizing also using SQL statements (is this the case?), but what about formatting?

Thank you.
chris

Return to How To