How to connect Servoy to FileMaker Server 9

Find out how to get things done with Servoy. Post how YOU get things done with Servoy

How to connect Servoy to FileMaker Server 9

Postby jcarlos » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:43 am

Does anyone have ever tried to connect Servoy 4 to a FileMaker Server 7 or FileMaker Server 9? I am trying to test something but first I want to know if any of you has tried so already and what steps I need to take to make successful connections.

Servoy 4 comes with a database server connection setting for FileMaker 5.5. Does this connection also work with the latest FileMaker version? I have FileMaker Server 9 and Clients 7+.
jcarlos

Re: How to connect Servoy to FileMaker Server 9

Postby jmeunier » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:04 am

There is a JDBC driver out there, it is not supported by Servoy, but it is worth a look:
http://goldcougar83.googlepages.com/home2
Jason Meunier
Servoy USA
jmeunier

Postby jcarlos » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:55 pm

I'll definitely try this. However, based on the documentation it seems that this driver has been tested in FileMaker's version 6, 7 and 8, but not 9. I guess because the connection is through the FileMaker's Web Publishing engine/XML, this driver should work with FileMaker 9 as well. Is there any reason that you suspect it wouldn't be compatible with FileMaker Server 9?
jcarlos

Postby jmeunier » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:59 pm

I am not familiar with all of FMP 9 new features, but I would say it will probably work the same.
Jason Meunier
Servoy USA
jmeunier

Return to How To